Diaper Rash Treatments - Port Saint Lucie,FL

My son (who's 18 months) is just getting over a stomach bug which caused bad diarrhea and now has diaper rash. He has never had diaper rash before. I put aquaphor on it tonight since that is what the hospital sent us home with. Any suggestions would be great. I know to change him frequently, to use water and a soft cloth, all that type of stuff. I guess what I am really looking for is any suggestions on treatments?

Air and a clean, dry tushy with nothing on as much possible is the bery best thing.
Allow plenty of air time before re-diaperng.

Best wishes.

If the rash looks like its gonna bleed cause the skin is sooo irrated, talk to doctor. They can prescribe this cream that looks like frosting but really works well. Better than my favorites like the over the counter ones-Aveeno diaper cream and boudoux butt paste. I found destine to be weak on the really bad rashes.

When my kids had a diaper rash there was a simple treatment that my sister told me about that miraculously worked. Guess what it was...bathe the baby with Dove bar soap. I always saw an improvement within 1 day and usually the rash was gone within 3 days tops. The best ointment/cream is Balmex. The combination of these two things worked miracles for my babies.

If you happen to be breastfeeding... you could try putting a little bit of breast milk on it, then let him run around naked (maybe in the kitchen or other room with hard floors) until it dries. My cousin swears by the breast milk trick (makes sense to me... everyone says to use it on your nipples when they have sores or chafing... lol) The air is the best thing to help promote healing... when everything is completely dry, boreadux (sp?) butt paste works wonders.

Best wishes.

Weleda Calendula Diaper Care Cream is the BEST! In fact, I just took some to my sister yesterday, for her 16 month old son. He also had bad diarrhea and a yucky rash. She called me today and told me the rash is almost gone! It's all natural and works incredibly. It's a bit pricey at $12.00 a tube, but it lasts a while and is so worth it!!

Baking soda bath and leave his diaper off for at least an hour a few times a day. It will clear right up.

I love desitin, it's always worked well for us. Also, aveeno makes a diaper rash oatmeal bath I used to use when my daughter got really bad rashes. And letting them run around diaper free as much as possible helps.

I have always hated bourduex butt paste. It's too creamy. I have always used Original desitin or aquaphor with better luck. Never tried the breastmilk trick, but I'm curious...
But yes, letting him be nakey for a while should help and then put some aquaphor on it.

I have 3 kids (5 years and under) and I know that the best thing to do is keep the are clean (wash with water and baby soap, not wipes since wiping hurts) and dry. As soon as he pees, change to a dry diaper. Check the diaper every few minutes. If he poops, chance it immediately, wash the area with water. Diaper rash ointments provide a barrier so if he poops, the poop doesn't touch the skin. So, it's a good idea to put some on, in case you miss a diaper change. Any cream works okay. There is not specific treatments that heals it, only time and prompt diaper changes. It will get better in a few days, if you're good about changing them diapers often. Good luck :-)

1 / 3