Diaper Rash That Never Wants to Go Away!

I know diaper rash & babies/toddlers go together, but this is getting out of control! My 16 month old daughter constantly has little bumps or a rash on her private area! Every diaper change I use the desitin & powder, but it never seems to help at all! I've already taken her to the Dr. regarding one event that turned out to be a "yeast infection!!!" That was 10 months ago! Has anyone been through anything like this, & if so, what other methods can I try? I'm sure it's got to be annoying & painful for her at some point, so I'm willing to try something different! As far as new or different soaps or even diapers; nothing new here! So you can rule that out! Please, I'm open for suggestions! Thanks!

Wow, I really thank everyone for their input! Well, I've been trying out a few new things & I think its starting to clear up! Thanks so much for all the helpful pointers!! I'm keeping tabs on all the helpful advice for future reference!!

H., there is a good diaper cream called pinxav (prononced pink salve) you can find it at Drug Mart and Walgreens. You said you havent changed brands of soaps or diapers, but I would suggest changing the brand of diaper. I used pampers on my son and all was well, until he developed an allergic reaction to them. I know that sounds weird but it's true. I guess they use more gel in their diapers according to my sons doctor. Hope this advice was helpful, Sincerley, K.

I have a 13 month old girl going through the same problem. I've tried everything and the only thing that really helps is letting her go without her diaper for a few days. It sucks cleaning up puddles of pee and an occasional poop but it totally helps the diaper rash go away. My ped also recommended giving her 3 baths a day with baking soda in the water which really helped relieve her red and puffy skin.

I say the naked method is best. Just let the kid run naked whenever you can. If you must put on a diaper then put vaseline on as a barrier between the skin and the wet. Good Luck.

H.,
How often do you let the skin breath without powder. Little girls can be very sensitive to soaps and such with perfumes in them, this is why bubble baths are often not recommended.
My daughter has sensitive skin. When she got her first rash I tried every cream available. Within less than 24 hours she would go from nothing to flaming red and she would be crying. My neighbor at the time brought over a product that was a life saver. It takes her worst rash away in no time. It is called "Corona: Original Lanolin-Rich Ointment". It is actually for animals (like those bag balms you see in stores); it can be found in agricultural supply places. Anderson's carries it in Maumee. I know it sounds crazy.
I only use it when she has an irritation. The skin needs breathing time.
Hope it works.

Hello H.,
Actually yeast was the first thing I thought of when I read your description of her problem. Unfortunately treating it with a cream isn't addressing where the problem is, which is in her intestines. I know that sounds bizarre, but that is where all health (or disease) starts. If you'd like to know how to solve the real issue, please contact me off site at ____@____.com.

Hi H., my name is D. Y. I figured out juice gives my daughter (21 months) a diaper rash. All she can drink is milk and water. They have a creme called Triple Paste at Kroger, that stuff is great. You could also try organic diaper wipes. Is there any chance she could be allergic to the desitin or powder? Make sure the powder doesn't have talc. I hope your sweet babe feels better soon!
D. Y

The best thing to do is to give it a little air. My daughter who will be 2 in march has the same issues. It is partically due to the diaper and whatever enviromental issue that are going on in that region. I am one of the mom that have to buy the expensive diaper...why they don't add to the problem i don't know. I use "butt cream" which is just glorified zinc oxide mixed with nistatin. But the thing that works the best is my daughter goes naked for about an hour a day from the waste down. I break it into about two 30 minute streaks. Since the doctor suggested it ....her rash is very light and has even gone away for up to a week at a time. (the bad news....if you don't time it right you may have to clean up a mess. I don't mind it because i know what a yeast infection feels like....and I sure don't want my baby girl to feel that way.)

have you tried airing her out? sounds weird but both my daughters have had a few bad ones and when i let them hang out without a diaper it really improved. Give her a bath, and then let her play or put lotion on her and keep her attention for at least 15 minutes, if you can get her to go longer that would be good. just watch it, she might pee on you. I also use balmex and i love it. it clears up my youngest in a few uses. And another little tip, i know i am just full of them, try using washcloths and water instead of baby wipes and make sure she if fully dry before you put another diaper on. Ok, I am done. I hope something works for you. Good Luck!!!

1 / 3