Diaper Rash - Ojai, CA

I have a two year old son who about six months ago started to get a diaper rash I spoke to his Doctor and the doctor suggested changing diapers & Wipes because the rash seems to be more of some kind of reaction. It's scaley and red and nothing seems to work.. I've tried Baby Aveno Oatmeal bath. Balmex, you name it i've tried it. Does anyone know of any Hypo allergenic diapers or wipes or diaper brand that might be less aggervating? Any suggestions at all would be wonderful. I don't know what else to do . The doctor is giving me some medication that doesn't seem to be working and he said the next step would be to go to the Dermatologist. It's very sad to see him grab himself in pain because the area is so aggervated. I changed him even when he's not wet I go through so many diapers trying to keep the area dry. I would appreciate any suggestions.

I just wanted to thank everyone for your advice. I switched my diapers and wipes to the Seventh Generation brand it has no bleach and it's Hypo-allergenic fragrance and latex free. In addition to trying Aquaphor It's working no more rash.. Even the Dr. percribed medication couldn't get rid of the rash. Mom's do know best.. If any of your children are suffering from a diaper rash that just won't go away your child too can be suffering from allergies from the diapers and wipes. Thank you for your support.
S. & Gavin Smith

Hello S.. My daughter had a terrible diaper rash, and i tried all the different types of diapers and wipes and it didn't change a thing, some actually made it worse. Finally I found a diaper rash cream that is hypoallergenic and works wonders!!!!! Her rash cleared up in 2 days. You can only order it online at http://www.grahamslambaby.com it costs about the same as creams in the stores, and is soo worth it! Hope this helps.

I would suggest Boudreaux's Butt Paste--in a yellow tube--also, A and D ointment works good. I also used yeast infection cream too....Good luck

S.,
Have you tried Crisco Shortening? It works wonders!

Goodluck!

Have you tried Butt Paste? It's everywhere now, right next to the desitin or other ointments, it works AWESOME! It can also be used on other skin ailments so it works great.... My daughter's rash always goes away pretty much overnight.

S.,

I would highly suggest you try the brand Seventh Generation Diapers and Wipes which are hypo-allergenic and they do not contain any chlorine. Chlorine is usually used to bleach regular diapers white. This is also an environmentally safe and natural brand. They make so many different safe household products that do not release poisonous chemicals...very ideal for babies. I am not certain of all of the places you will find Seventh Generation products, but WholeFoods definitely carries it. Call your nearest WholeFoods and ask if they carry Seventh Generation products to make sure.

Also, between diaper changes, let your son run around bare bottomed for a few minutes so that he gets aired out down there. It really helps with the healing process.

Another factor to be aware of...
like the previous mom whose daughter had a yeast infection, it may be a bacterial infection. In such a case, the creams will only work for a short time and then it will come back. You will need to cut back on feeding him anything with sugar or yeast. Sugar feeds bacteria. Fresh veggies juiced is very good for him. Try experimenting with different blends to fit his taste buds. If you do a lot of fruit, cut down and stick to citrus for a while. Generally moving to a low sugar diet would be very beneficial, overall.

I'd love to know your results when you try these things!
Good Luck,

R.

you said that you spoke to his doctor, did your son also see the doctor? My son had a really bad diaper rash once and it turned out to be an infection due to him scratching at a "normal" diaper rash and introducing bacteria. anyhow, if you havent taken to see the doctor, do so and if she still thinks that it is just a diaper rash, you may want to high-tail it to the pediatric dermitologist.

good luck,

Hi S.
Are you sure your son has a rash? and not an infection? If nothing is working it could be a infection. My daugther had a yeast infection, about week ago. (It a was red all over)
I didn't know, I thought it was a diaper rash it turn out to be an infection. ( it cause because of the moist wet diaper) totally normal. My doctor recommended me to buy CLOTRIMAZOLE CREAM 1% ( It's antifungal cream) You could buy it at Longs store or any DRugs store near you. You apply three times a day. My baby's rash is all gone after five days.
This I know it's true because even my son got it too! When he was a baby. I was suprise to find out boy could get it too!
My son's doctor recommend the same thing!
So I would double check on it... If they are red and some are like single dots indivial red dots could just infection that is why the creams or not working.
We us posted

My son went through a period of rashes so bad he'd get second degree burns. The doc had me putting on a triple dose of the antifungal, bacitracin, and hydrocortizone. It does well. With the scaly rash, you probably want something more like vaseline that's going to stay versus a lotion that'll just be absorbed by the skin and need more. So, vaseline is also something work trying. Good luck. It WILL get better!

Have you tried using cloth diapers while this rash clears up??? My sons were the same way (around the time they needed to start potty training) and we switched out to cloth diapers here and there and it helped a lot. Plus, we wouldn't use the diaper wipes while their skin had this reaction (just stuck them in the tub and washed away the filth) If you need some advice on using cloth, I can help too!! Good luck =)

1 / 3