Diaper Pails

I know this seems like a silly question but is there a diaper pail out there that keeps odors inside the pail? I thought I had found the perfect one but as my son has grown so has the odor in his diapers. :)
I'm not a huge fan of the diaper genie and I've tried just about every air freshener under the sun. Thanks for any advice.

This may be silly. But do you put what in the diaper in the toilet when you can????????????? that will help. I didn't use a diaper pail with paper diapers. did when I used cloth. and that was more then NASTY!! good luck

We use the diaper champ...If the poop is flushable then it gets flushed if not then it is a wrapped in a plastic bag and thrown outside.

The best diaper pail is the Baby Trend Diaper Champ. I received it at my baby shower from a friend who had no luck with the Genie but loved the Champ.

I had the same question posted a few months ago. Unfortunately, there is no diaper pail that will do that. We switched to the diaper champ and it works ok, but when you flip the top to dispose of a diaper, it lets stinky air out. Most of the responses I got were to actually dispose of the stinky diapers out in the trash right away verses putting them in the pail to sit. It is probably the best way if it works for you. Otherwise, clean the pail and change the pail often!

We got this one by "The First Years". I haven't noticed any odor yet, but I'm BFing, so that may have something to do with it.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=26033...

Hi T.,
I've had good luck with the Diaper Champ. However, the instructions tell you when you're putting a diaper in to flip the handle over AND BACK. Well, we didn't see any reason for doing that, so we would just flip it one way. It turns out that flipping it back makes sure that one side is always exposed to fresh air & the other side is always exposed to the dirty air, so that keeps it smelling good longer. Even though we ignored this, it's been about 2 years and we just now decided to move it out to the garage, so I'd say that's pretty good. Good luck!

Not sure really, but what we do is after we change our son we dump the poop in the toilet (the room dont smell) and roll up the diaper and use the tape on there to keep it closed and we collect diapers from his room on wednesday and sunday. You can also try putting a bounce dryer sheet at the bottom of the pail. Some people just toss their diapers out in a pail outside or in their garage.

Hope that helps
G.

I just really don't think anything can contain that odor! YUCK! I wrap my son's poopy diapers in walmart or grocery bags and put them in the outside trash cans! I just can't stand the thought of them in my house!

We use the Diaper champ for our daughter. I think that it does a great job in keeping odors inside the pail. We haven't had any problems with her having a stinky room. So i would definitely recommend it.

1 / 3