Diaper Odor?

does anyone have advice on what to do about the diaper odor in the garage garbage cans when it is so hot outside? Our garage stinks(phew!) when the full bags get into the garbage can in our garage. Anyone figured out a solution to the problem?? Thanks!

Hi honey all I use to do was tie each diaper up with the jewel bags and put baking soad in the trash can and it cut down a lot of odor. and between trash pick up i wash the can out with bleach and fabuloso.
It smells much help.
'
Mother of 5 year old Twins and 11,13

Well, I use close diapers, but I think just putting some baking soda in the trash can on top of the diapers could help. That's what I do when my regular garbage gets too stinky for me!
G. F. Miller

It smells much help.
'
Mother of 5 year old Twins and 11,13

I recommend a Diaper Genie. The plastic bag seals in the odor from the diapers (and they're wrapped individually). I've been using mine for 2.5 years now and will continue until we're done with diapers. Good luck.

A.

There are "smelly" bags at Kmart, Walmart that seem to help. They are blue but can't remember the name of them. Good luck!

Spray some Lysol disinfecting spray in the whole can, and it should help, and do that everytime the garbage gets out...Oh, spray it in the bags too before going out to the garage........I had that problem too and that helped me out a lot.........I hope this helps you, good luck...........

Yes found the same problem, but ITS GONE!!! Take poopy dipers and place them in a ziplock bag....it locks in the odor! GOOD LUCK and hope your days smell better soon!!!!
Mother of 1 yr old boy

do you just throw them in the garbage or are they in a garbage bag? You could throw them in a scented garbage bag and take out that garbage 1xday. Otherwise, have an outside garbage, outdoors and put stinky diapers in there.

Hi:
i used to put fabric softener sheets and carpet deodrizer powder in the garbage can every time it was un loaded .Also try to put the same thing in the garbage cans,garbage bags and diaper ginnie at home .Baking soda also helps eliminate the odor just put in all the garbage cans and in the garbage bags too.
hope it will help you too.

Can you move the garbage cans outside the garage? Oust air freshener is pretty potent. Try that. Good luck.

I would probably wash the can(s) more frequently. I usually just squirt some dish soap in our garbage cans, hose them out well, and let the sun bake them dry. Clean the lid too. Try to let them dry completely before putting the lid back on.
I sometimes sprinkle a bit of baking soda, or baby powder in the bag (in the house) to keep the odor down. I use a 4 gallon garbage can with lid for diapers, so it gets thrown out frequently.
I know simple human sells garbage cans with stick on charcoal filters, so I don't see why a briquet in the can wouldn't work.
Or possibly some kitty litter, if you have a cat.

try putting each dirty diaper in a ziploc bag

Hi. Try putting 2 dryer sheets at the bottom of the garbage can and then put the bag in it. What also worked for me was those stick it air fresheners. They are in the shape of a circle and you turn then and they pop up. Hope that helped. :)

wierd, but works. Try putting a couple of charcoal briquettes (without lighter fluid included) in the bottom of the can. Charcoal absorbs odors in general. (I use it by my kitties' litter pans) Change out the briquettes every two weeks. Good luck!

I used to flush the poop down the toilet before I actually threw the diaper away..........Just turn the diaper inside out and whatever falls into the toilet flush. I never went to the extreme and scraped it out.....GROSS!!!! Better for the environment also. The waste is still in the diaper for the 20+++ years it takes for the diaper to decompose.

I use moth balls,it seems to help the smell, and it will help keep the flies away!!!

well ou could put the diaper in a ziplock bag then throw them in the garabge. that might cut dowm on your oder..or even a walmart bag and just double tie them...

Lowell,In

G. F. Miller

I put them in a jewel, target,etc.. bag,it works and doesn't smell. Also for wet diapers I use the diaper champ with a scented bag and it works wonders, I think better than the diaper genie. Good luck and may your life smell like a bed of roses.

I've heard from friends that putting coffee grounds in the bag of diapers (in the diaper pail) helps the stink in general.