Destination Ideas for Little Ones

Does anyone have any ideas or places to take 3 kids (6, 3 1/2, 15 months) for a vacation?? Would like to go in early june as we are due in early sept with #4! don't want to wait til i can't chase anybody : )
we're thinking of travel by car...and would like it to be economical (i.e. not disney) but we're not coming up with any good ideas...figured this would be the place to ask!!

You should try the Wilderness Lodge in Wis. Dells. There are big indoor waterparks for all ages to enjoy. The Great Wolf Lodge is also very fun. It is roughly a 2-2.5hr drive from the Chicago area. These hotels are the exit just before the main Wis Dells exit. There is an outlet mall right by the 2 above mentioned hotels and there is lots to do for families in the area and with the hotels. Enjoy!

I haven't been yet, but my neighbor and her family go to Osthoff Resort in Elkhart Wisconsin. It is on a lake and everything to do is right at the resort. She went last summer with a 4 & 7 year old and they loved it.

We have also thought about where we could go with little ones! Although, we're not going anywhere this summer, #2 is due in May! We have considered Minneapolis... We've heard Mall of America is fun and the area is really nice. I am sure there are lots of family orientated things to do there, we haven't researched it too much yet. But it would be a nice place to start... A co-worker is from the area and raves about the outdoor activities there as well. Good luck!

Ok .. not sure how cheap you want to go but I say go to Springfield!! Get the hotel that has 2 rooms. I think its called Stay bridge suites. The kids can sleep on a pull out sofa and they can ge tyou a crib too! Then you and the DH can sleein the bedroom. It has a pool and there are lots of FREE things to do.. the Capitol, Lincolns house, fire station musem... all kinds of things and most of it is FREE.. Eat at the Pizza Machine.. they give the kids dough to play with... anyway its only a couple hours to drive and it was a lot of fun.. we plan to go back!

Good Luck!!

F.
www.thebodyshopathome.com/web/faithjones

Tennesse - we rented a cabin in Galinburg, it is a 8-10 hr drive. There's dollywood, the comedy barn (expensive) but worth EVERY penny!! The kids will love it. The cabin had hot tub and it also had a pool in the vicinity. Eagles Ridge Resort. It was our favorite vacation.

How do you feel about camping? Don't laugh, my mother in law did it with 8 kids! I grew up in Chicago, camped once and married an avid camper from Wisconsin. Best vacation for kids! We go to Door County, peninsula state park every year. They live outdoors: bike, hike, swim, they see the plays in the amphitheater at night, campfires, they go to bed on their own they are so exhausted by the end of the day. As they get older, its a terrific opportunity to get "unplugged" as I call it. No computers, cell phones, gameboys, ninetendo, they learn to be creative and be kids again. They loved it. This year my 19 year old is joining us with his friends, they have their own campsite just a few down from ours. The only advice I can offer, it be prepared (the air mattresses that blow up are worth their weight in gold!). Just a suggestion. Happy vacation and congratulations on #4.

what about the Wisconsin Dells, my girlfreinds and her family go there every year and they love it. We plan a short trip there for the first time this summer. Loads to do for the whole family & not to far. They should have a website to check out.

Totally the Dells are where it's at!!! We just went with our 1 & 3 yr old daughters and My Uncle & Aunt went at the same time w/ their 5 yr old and we all had an awesome time!!! We stayed at the Wilderness Resort and this was just in Feb, so we only played in the 3 indoor waterparks they had there, They definitely have s/thing for all ages in just the indoor ones, I can't imagine what they have in the other 3 (I think, maybe 2) outdoor ones that will be open when you are thinking of going. Just make sure to be prepared for walking.

Not only did they have stuff for the kids but they had BIG waterslides for the older crowd too!!!

Tip: if you really do decide to go after you brave the walk and hear the whining and having to carry the little ones all around, grab the luggage cart and toat it down to the pool with you!!! They have fun, your back won't hurt :-)

How about renting a home or condo on a lake in Michigan or Wisconsin? Try somewhere like Saugatuck, MI. It is 2 1/2 or 3 hours by car, on lake Michigan, super cute tourist town with a beach and restaurants...

1 / 3