Depression or Just Moody ?

How do you know if you are just being moody/nit picky or really depressed ?
It seems like there is no gray area with me...its either black or white.
I can be fine and happy one minute but something small just ticks me off and its like a switch flips.Boom bad mood !
My husband is the main focus when i am like this.(unfortunately for him)
I am an only child and even growing up i was like this...
Maybe i need to go see a shrink ? any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Hey - read my recent post - we may be on the same boat - I totally left out the fact that my husband is the target, but I don't think he understands - I want to know when it stops or if I'm a wreck for good..? I have a boy too - Ryan Lee, DOB 01-03-07.

I flip daily.

sigh.

so confusing.

Well, I hope things are better for you by now, give a sister some advice if you've discovered something now...

Crissy

I flip daily.

sigh.

so confusing.

Crissy

i'm bipolar myself. i'm managing right now without medication by just knowing myself and my cycles. i know that the manic episodes don't last more than a day or so as do the depression. just knowing that makes it easier for me to deal with. i know i need to just be gentle with myself when i'm down and try not to over analyze my life or the people in it while i'm like that because how i feel right then will not be how i feel in a day or so. when i'm manic, i try to not make any rash decisions or go shopping. lol. i usually have the entire house clean during a manic episode though.

maybe you could try a low dose medication like lexipro. it may help to take the edge of so you can be more aware of a pattern. hope this helped. good luck.

Hi D.,

I hope this e-mail finds you and your family well. I know exactly what you are dealing with. Unfortunatley for my son I am a single Mom. Someone recently recommended I get a B-12 shot on a regular basis. I feel like a new woman. There are no more mood swings and I actually feel happy and I have much, much more energy. We are all different maybe this will work for you and maybe it won't. I really did think I was depressed but I am much better now. Remember D., we are just moms not MD's.

D.,
You may be bi-polar or have a chemical imbalance.
The important thing is you know this is happening to you and shouldn't... :) no denying or blaming on others. (like poor hubby)
Talk to your doctor about this and work on finding out the root of your issues.
you are definately not alone. My sister used to be like this and got medication to help.

good luck!

My husband was the same way for years. He would just loose is temper in an instant. I finally couldn't take it any more and signed him up with a physcologist. They prescribed Lexipro. He has been a different person ever since. He was the same as you too even as a child.

Now we just have to work on my mood swings when "my friend" is here and we will be a great family.

Hi D.,

I'm the author of Postpartum Depression For Dummies, and your question is an excellent one! Many moms wonder if their ups and downs are normal or if they've crossed the line and need intervention. there are specific ways to know which is which. If you'd like some tips to tell the difference, contact me or take a peek in the book!

Warmly,
S. S. B., Ph.D. http://www.postpartumdepressionhelp.com

Ohhhh I understand this so well. Okay, are you getting enough sleep? Are you in pain anywhere? Is the moodiness only around during or before your period. These are my problems, which bring me to a boiling point quickly. Also are there any changes going on in your life? This could cause it too. It wouldn't hurt to talk to your gyno or regular doctor, see if you can get a wellness visit. Check it out! Take care, Jen

Hi.. I agree with the first response.. Go to the doctor and talk to him about bipolar and manic depression. My sister was diagnosed with bipolar 4 years ago. She was the same way, extremely happy one minute and then depressed and angry in the next.

1 / 3