Delsym

Can you take delsym while breastfeeding?

If this is the stuff you take for coughs.....YES! It is the only thing that works for me!

Yes, I took it after my husband made it VERY clear to the pharmcist that I was nursing and that is what he sent my husband home with. I had no problems with it. It does not have any decongestant to dry you out, so it is fine.

H.

yes, it was the only cough medicine that the breast feeding consultant at the hospital recommended to me.

Check out www.kellymom.com.

They have a TON of information for us breast-feeders. :)

Edited to add:

Here's the actual link to the info you may need:
http://www.kellymom.com/health/meds/cold-remedy.html

i would ask a pharmacist or your ped- they have a book that lets them know if its safe and what the studies show.

J.:

yes you can. it is used regularly for infants,

P., RLC, IBCLC
International Board Certified Lactation Consultant
Breastfeeding and Parenting Solutions

You may want to put a call into your OB to see if it is OK to take while breastfeeding. They may suggest something else if it is not OK.

1 / 3