Deflated Boobs

I breastfed my son for 8 months. It has been about 2 months since I stopped. Before I got pregnant/breastfeed I had pretty large full breasts. Now they are like deflated balloons! I have literally lost 2 cup sizes. Now none of my bras fit me. Do they ever "bounce back"? Or should I just give in and go drop a small fortune on new bras?

I had the same thing happen to me. I didn't have large boobs to start with, and barely had anything after breastfeeding. I still would have breastfed, but wish I would have been prepared. If it is any comfort, they didn't shrink even more with the next child.

Yep, mine too! All I can say is BOOB JOB!!! I never thought I would be the type a person to get one. But now that I look at my saggy balloons....I can't help but want one. I plan to get a "conservative" one. LOL

I have the same problem. I am still breastfeeding my little daughter (born August 17, 2007), but I can already tell that my breast won't be the same. I have almost every bra size in my drawer (from Cup E to C), but it looks like that I will end up with a Cup B when I stop breastfeeding. (Had a Cup C before I got pregnant)
For the mean time, I bought two very inexpensive bras (Target) and when I stop breasfeeding, I have to go again and buy me some new ones.
I don't know what else to do, but I thought it is nice to hear some other mom's with the same problem.

I've just finished reading most of the responses to your question about deflated "boobs" and I am disappointed in the amount of emphasis women are putting on the look of their breasts. I think we need to remember that the breasts do not make the woman unless we are breastfeeding. The reason nature gave us these parts were to feed our children not look like Pamela Anderson. (Remember she may have the BOOBS, but can't keep a marriage working). In the past women burned their bras to symbolize freedom. Now we are getting breast implants and push-up bras to emphasize something else. My husband and many other men I know think nothing is sexier than a mother who is comfortable and confident with herself. Sure they look at the Playboy bunnies but at the end of the day they want to come home to their wives who have become mothers of their children.

Go out and spend the extra money on a few new bras to make you feel sexy. Enjoy spending money the extra money on yourself. Usually mothers put themselves last. I used to go shopping and come home showing off new shoes and great clothes for myself. Now I find that I go directly to the baby section even though my son has more clothes then both me and my husband put together. Stop worrying about your "boob" size and start enjoying the precious moments of life. For example the laughter of you child.

Interestingly, the texture and shape changes in breasts that are attributed to nursing are actually the result of pregnancy. Whether the mom never nurses, or nurses for 25 years, the changes that pregnancy brings will be the same (for that mom -- mom's bodies vary quite remarkably, and some mothers of many children have perky B cups at 80 while other women who were only ever pregnant once for a couple of months may sag tremendously by 25).

Your breasts will keep changing, though, over the coming years - they are sensitive to the hormones of your cycle, and will be fuller and perkier at some points in the month and softer or saggier at other times.

Unless your weight changes a lot, your breasts will end up being pretty close to their original cup size (although the band of your bra will go up, and cups are proportional, not stable, so you may need a bra size that is a cup or 2 smaller to compensate for your larger rib cage measure -- mom's hearts grow during pregnancy!)

That means if you're buying a larger band size, but the same cup size as before, you're getting the wrong size bra -- without your actual breast size changing at all.

On the happy side, though, the softer, less-dense breasts of the post-partum woman are less likely to get pre-menopausal cancer and lumps of all kinds are easier to detect than in firmer, denser breasts of the never-pregnant... There had to be some perks other than the super-cute baby, eh?

Unfortunately, I think your going to be going bra shopping. They will bounce back if you get pregnant again. I breast fed both my children for a little over a year each. I was a B cup before kids, a C-D while pregnant/breastfeeding, and now, sadly I'm a saggy A cup.

My boobs are the only part of my body that's not back in pre-baby condition! I'm only 25 years old, so I'm definately saving for a boob job!

They do not come back and get worse after each child. I nursed four kids and have empty breasts. They are so empty that they are just skin. Now that I am done having kids I am getting an augmentation done next week. I feel that mine are so damaged. My surgeon stated that I could not do anything to fill them back up. I wish there was something because implants are not cheap!!!

New bras, all the way. I nursed all three of my kids and after each one, I got smaller. I started out as a full B, not big, by any means. After the 3 of them, I was down to a very small A, so I invested into padded bras, I had no problem with that, worked for me. I also only bought padded bathing suits, so I would have a figure. I was also blessed with monster nipples, so I needed padding to cover them up as well as give me size. A few years ago, I had to have a total hysterectomy, and I lost what little I had. Even the smallest bra they made was to big, so, I ended up getting a boob job. I'm now back to a full B. I look normal, like I said, its the size I was before. No one even knows I had them done, and its been 2 years now. I'm in my 40s now. At your age however, I wouldn't go for the boob job. Alot of people I know, get their breasts back. If you gain alot of weight, they'll get bigger, if you loose weight, they'll get smaller, if you stay the same, they get smaller, go figure. I still weigh the same today as I did 25 years ago. Anytime anyone made fun of my little boobs, I'd say, I have 3 healthy kids, and thats all I'd have to say. Enjoy your little guy, they grow fast.

As depressing as it is, they don't bounce back...at least mine haven't and my youngest (of 2) is now 20 mos. old. I stopped breast-feeding when she was 11 mos. old. My breasts are sadly deflated and even a bit saggy, and I was never that huge to begin with. I now require padded, push-up bras. It's a bit sad, but worth it. My 2 daughters have NEVER had an ear infection or required antibiotics for illnesses. I FIRMLY believe in the power of breast milk, so for that I will live with these 'flat balloons' on my chest.
I suggest hitting Victoria's Secret soon-I just stopped yesterday to stock up my lingerie drawer!!
Best of luck to you.

I say buy some bras. I lost a cup size, and hear it's pretty common.

I'm in the same boat, I nursed both my girls. But I hear it's actually the pregnancy, not nursing that affects breasts. I don't know if they bounce back or not... I've gotten pregnant right away after nursing both so I have no idea what normal breasts look like these days. But I did buy new bras after a while, after losing the weight I definately needed new ones. After number 3 I'm investing in a mommy make-over... not really, not brave enough for a boob job! I guess I've just accepted that my body will be a little different after giving birth a few times. Hopefully your man accepts you too!

1 / 3