Day Care for 2 Yr Old on Vacation

I would like to know about ALL INCLUSIVE resorts in Mexico that also have a safe and trustworthy daycare for a 2year old? I would love to go to Play del Carmen. Anyone know of a good resort?

Is Mexico safe for little ones? I just know my cousin won't take her daughter because when her mom was down there a little bit ago, Mexico cops busted into their RV looking for a US child b/c some drug cartel was kidnapping, killing, and puttin drugs in US children. I'm seriously not trying to scare you, I'm asking because I have no idea about Playa del Carmen and wanted to bring up the concern out of safety for your little one. I'd find another vacation if it were me, Mexico is pretty much run by drug cartels these days and it gets worse and worse.

Personally I wouldn't go to Mexico right now. I think it's very dangerous with the drug cartels pretty much running the country. The US State Department has issued a travel warning for Mexico. Some people say the tourist areas are safe, but tourists have been victims of crime there too, including kidnappings. In Oct. 2010, 20 tourists were kidnapped in Acapulco, for example. Check out the State Department website for more information (below). I would recommend maybe the Virgin Islands or something.
http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_970.html

Just like the other responses I have read, I too would be concerned about the safety of Mexico. However, I think Playa Del Carmen is still one of the safer places to visit. I cannot count how many times my husband and I have been there, but we LOVE it!
IF you do choose to visit Playa, the Gran Porto Real is very family friendly and has a wonderful kids club. We have never taken our kiddos, but I have always noticed what a great kids program they have. We have stayed at Porto Real at least five times. It is right on the beach and is walking distance to downtown where all the shops & restaurants are located & it is all inclusive. They even have large family suites to accomodate families with children.
Good luck in your decision; after all, your family's safety is priority.

I haven't been to Mexico in years, but my family and I adore the FDR resort in Jamaica. It's all inclusive with a great kids program, and they assign a nanny to your family who takes care of your child.

Sorry I don't know about the resorts in Mexico, but I generally take any chance to sing the praises of FDR. :) I'm not on their payroll, just a happy repeat customer. We've been four times so far.

oh my goodness when my daughter was 1 and my son was 3, we went to Cancun and stayed at an all inclusive resort and we took advantage of the child care. We all had just the best time. We went to Playa del Carmen and it was beautiful. I don't know of a specific resort in the area, but I highly recommend the experience. I think pretty much across the board, the customer service is excellent, esp. once people know you will treat them well. We speak Spanish and talked to people (most everyone speaks English anyway) and they went out of their way to ensure that we had an excellent time.

The Resorts in Mexico are offering great deals right now considering the the Texas DPS has issued a statement that it is not safe for tourists. Good luck! I'd go to the Florida Keys, Virgin Islands or Bahamas.

1 / 3