Daughter Won't Eat Breakfast Before School

Hello Ladies,
The school year is beginning and I know that it benefits a child when they eat breakfast before going to school. My seven year old daughter is not a big breakfast eater and last year it was a battle to get her to eat before getting on the bus. I asked her if she would try drinking a shake every morning and she said that sounds yummy. Can anyone suggest a good tasting nutritious shake full of vitamins for her to try. I live in a small town and we have a Meijer and Walmart, otherwise it would have to be something I can order online. Not to expensive. Thanks

My 5-year-old wouldn't eat breakfast either. I started giving him Carnation Instant Breakfasts and that did the trick! Good luck!

I use Carnation instant breakfast. It is at Meijer and even at Sam's club! My daughter is 8, same thing..won't eat breakfast! Until this came along!
Good Luck.

Carnation instant breakfast shakes Buy the variety pack and she can see which ones she likes the best (I like them all)

my brothers and I weren't big breakfast eaters either...my mom would make us lipton soup, or grilled cheese sandwiches or something we liked....and we'd eat that for breakfast before school.
she figured breakfast didn't have to be something normally found on a breakfast menu, as long as we were eating SOMETHING. I'm sure there is something she likes that is food and nutritious that she eats during other parts of the day...see if she'll eat it for "breakfast".

Hi A.
Were not breakfast eaters either.

1/2 lb organic spinach
blended till smooth w/ 1 c water (add more as needed)
add 1/2-1 c frozen blueberries to fix color
about 10 frozen strawberries
1/2 banana
2 scoops protein powder
1/2 c yogurt
blend smooth, serves 2

I've since got a used vitamix blender. And can juice whole foods. I now add a few baby carrots,and cored apple to the smoothies.
Good luck! A. H

Good Luck.

I really like Carnation Instant Breakfast drink. Its very nutritionist, with twice the protein of an egg, twice the calcium of yogurt and it provides 21 essential vitamins and minerals per serving and is very filling. My son drank it for months after his surgery and it really helped in the healing process.. Doctors seem to recommend it… and then there is also ensure but you may want to read a little more about that drink but I hear it is also very healthy and filling.

My kids love a blueberry/banana smoothie! Vanilla yogurt, frozen blueberries, a banana, ground flax seeds and a good protein powder. I feel very good giving it to them!

Wow, lots of responses about Carnation instant. I have a couple of thoughts and questions I didn't see comments on.

Are you looking for a shake that has no artificial ingredients? Do you want the shake to be an optimal balance of protein to carbs?

I do have access to shakes, ordered online that will meet those criteria and yours of being full of vitamins so that your little girl's brain will be well fed for her task of learning. Does that sound like it could be a fit for you?

warmly, M.

1 / 3