Daughter with Terrible Diaper Rash

My daughter has had a very bad diaper rash that keeps coming and going. I have tried a couple of things but nothing is helping in the long term. She just squeals when I try to clean her up or when she is going to the bathroom. Any suggestions on stuff that worked for you? I am pretty sure it is not a yeast infection because I checked it out online (what it looks like and other). Thanks

It was a yeast infection and we have a prescription cream we are using. Thanks for the help everyone. It is no longer there and we are rash free. Thanks again

I swear by Bag Balm. It works better than any prescription the Dr. will give you for diaper rash. You have to ask the pharmacist for it, but it's not a prescription, they just keep it behind the pharmacy counter. It's also very cheap. $4.00 for a small tin or $8.00 for the large and it lasts forever. You only need to put on a drop. I've even used it on my face if it's broken out! It comes in a green tin and it won't say on the tin it's for a diaper rash, they call it udder cream I think, but it is for diaper rash. The stuff is amazing. Good luck and let me know if you do try it how it worked for you. P.

My daughter was the same way. You should take her to the doctors just in case. In the mean time, soak her in baking soda and warm water. Do not use baby wipes. Use wash clothes soaked in warm water. Use desetin with zinc. I kept doing that until her complexion came back not just until it healed, but until her color came back. Something must have triggered it. My daughter had one and I was using this diaper rash stuff from Caswell and Massies (seemed expensive and it was a gift)and it kept getting worse and worse. Come to find out it caused her yeast infection. But the baking soda bath and the warm rag cleanings worked well.

Hi T.,
Use BALMEX. It clears up diaper rash within one day. It's the best stuff for my daughter. If you've already tried it and it hasn't worked. There's some powder called CALDESENE. It comes in a round pink plastic container. My x-roommate swears by it and I have used it a couple of times and it worked ok for my daughter. But personally I prefer the BALMEX.

Hello, I wanted to add one thing to the Niastatin suggestion. We did the prescription powder version along with the Butt Paste and/or Triple paste . That combo along with all the air time etc cleared it up right away. We would use the powder at the first sign of flair up to stop before it got worse and it would be gone in hours. This came from a walk in DR after it got really bad one weekend. He said to use the powder Niastatin because the area already has moisture and all your doing is sealing in more. The powder would help dry it up instead of inflaming it more with more creams etc. When we did this it was the first thing that worked and kept it away after fighting it for almost a year on and off.

OOhh one last old time trick my grandmother used to do.. BAKING SODA in the bath. It helps neutralize the skins pH and does help sooth it right away. Toss a cup or 2 in when running the bath.

I hope her bottom clears well. We know to well how you feel when your trying to help and they are screaming and there is nothing you can do about it.

Try letting her go without a diaper to "dry out" as often as possible, also a cream called Triple Paste works very well. Just to be sure it is not yeast infection, I would have her checkedby a Dr. You can try putting Yogurt with "live cultures" on her down there for a few minutes & then wiping it off or do that just before bath time, Of course feeding her the "unused" yogurt is a good thing to keep the "yeasties" away.
Hope that helps!

Have you tried Destin... I use this on my son. It is the only thing that works. The Original Desitin. He is 3 and still gets bad diaper rash. Also let her sit in the bath tub for a little while. Or put cotton underpants on her for a little while..Or you can also use Aquafore it is for sun bur, but it works on bad diaper rash too. Both have worked great for me.. GOOD LUCK, M..

One thing which helped mine was vaseline, and good old fationed corn starch.Also im sure somebody else has mentioned it already, but did you think it might be an allergy, one of my sisters used to get bad rashes, then mom switched to cloth diapers, and they went away...or it could be something shes eating which could be causeing it. try keeping track of everything she comes in contact with . hope something helps, good luck.

Get some vaseline and apply at every changing.
This will help it to go away and set a barrier for the future.
Hope this helps
Worked for my daughter tremendously.

My suggestion is a diaper rash cream called triple paste, its very expensive but works wonders. You can usually only get it in the pharmecy but you do not have to have a prescription just ask. I used that and triple antibiotic ointment for my daughter she also got diaper rashes all of the time. She is now two and completely potty trained another suggestion is start training her now then the diaper rashes will calm down. Thats what I had to do!! Good luck!

Hello, my name is K.. My daughter is 13 months old. She had a terrible rash it is just almost gone now since about A week before her first birthday. Is it red and bumpy? Because that is a yeast infection which is what she had they prescribed Nystatin cream and an antibiotic because a few of the bumps got infected. What does it look like?

1 / 3