Daughter with Pimples on Her Butt

Hi Everyone, My Daughter is 6 1/2 years old and still wets the bed so she wears the over nights underpants. My problem is she has been getting really bad pimples on her butt and I don't know what to do. She won't let me touch them so After her bath I started putting Vaseline on her butt thinking the moisture won't bring more pimples. At the same time what can I use to get ride of them. I just don't know if anyone has dealt with this before or if anyone has any ideas I could try. She is a wonderful girl with a heart of gold and a smile that could light up a room.

Oh my Gosh...........same exact thing!!! My daughter is almost 6; still wets at night and wears Goodnights. Had pimples on her bottom and I couldn't get rid of them. My pediatrician suggested using an antibacterial soap; I always used Dove; now use Lever 2000(the regular white bar; not liquid). It's awesome, gentle with creamy bubbles. Then he gave me an RX for Bactroban. It's stronger than neosporin. I put a little on at night and the pimples cleared up in 2 nights. I haven't had to use it in quite a while and she still is wet. I did make the permanent switch to Lever 2000. Good luck!!! Let me know how you make out! D.

allergy to the chemicals in the product.
there are cloth trainers out there. Happy Heiny's may carry one that large. www.happyheinys.com

I would definately consult your pediatrician. Also,maybe consider using Desitin rather than vaseline. I know the Desitin workks for pimples on the face.

She may be having a reaction to all of the chemicals that they put in the training pants.

Have you cosidered cloth at all? It would save you A TON of money in a short period of time (since disposable training pants cost so much money!) and would probably work better for her in several ways.

I've seen some great ones on www.EverythingBirth.com and www.CottonBabies.com

I would call the doctor bc painful boils on the butt are a sign of MRSA.

They may not be pimples, but a rash (kind of like diaper rash). Desitin or Balmex is a better choice because they are more drying and will help keep the skin dry during the night. Also, maybe you could use an antibacterial soap or a soap specifically for acne (Clearasil or Neutrogena) and see if that helps. Hope it clears up for you both.

Hi R.,

I heard Vaseline can clog pores more, I understand you know the dampness is causing the pimples, but Vaseline is too clogging. You should ask your pediatrician what he would recommend for her age group???? I would try something that is a little more drying. The pimples are probably coming from the moisture through the night. Ivory soap is very drying maybe you can wash her butt while she is bathing with Ivory soap to keep it dryer than the rest of her body! Don't use anything in the bath water unless the Dr. tells you...I remember when my daughter was young the Pediatrician told me not to use any type of bubble products it can cause urinary tract infections in girls! Good luck...
Jaydee

This wouldn't be unusual for her to get "pimples" like a rash effect on her behind from wearing the overnights. All that moisture in there would certainly cause it. I would use corn starch baby powder on her bottom. I use it myself! Corn starch has been used for years by women for their babies and themselves as a drying agent. I use it under my breasts since after having triplets my breasts go down to my knees, lol. And I use it sometimes on my c-section area since I have an overhang there. But put a bit on her behind after her bath or before she puts on her overnight and then again in the morning, if she wet, use a wipe on her bottom and put more corn starch on. You'll see it go away quickly!

K. B
mom to 5 including triplets

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HarrisburgPAChat
Chat, events and happenings!

I might call the doctor. They could be a staph infection which would require an antibiotic to get rid of them.

1 / 3