Daughter Has Wart-like Thing with Fleshy Spikes Growing HELP

OK..dont really know how to say this...My daughter has this wart like thing growing on her forhead, well her hair line actually. It started out looking like a bump-wart
type thing, and now is growing fleshy thin spikey things out of it. These fleshy things are flexible. I will be calling the dermotoligist Monday, but was hoping someone out there has heard of this so I can do some research myself. So far I am finding nothing on the internet that describes what I see on my child. I AM FREAKING OUT!!! PLEASE HELP!!

Alright new update for everyone on the disappearing reappearing "growth" with spikes. It has since been removed and it is benign!! Yeay! But as far as what it is called I still get mixed reviews. Maybe I am just that dense and dont get it?! haha. I have been told it is a growth and nothing more, not to worry about it(easier said than done when it happens to you or your child!) And a different doctor said it might be a wart and to be on the look out to see if it comes back..(eww) Oh well! Thanks a bunch for everyones comments! It really did help to know we werent alone on this issue.

S.,
Hi. it is most likey HPV. you can researh that all day long. Truth is these warts are there because the virus could not be fought off by her immune system and thus comes through by way of warts. They say it is a disease that could have been past through the womb and could have laid dormant all this time and finally came up now. She could have gotten it from playing with other children who have HPV. There are hundreds of strands of this virus and it is contagous. Normally the warts will last for upto 2 years and eventually go away. It may be bothering you more than her but if you want it to go away asap, tell the dermatologist to freeze it with liquid nitrogen. My son had it done and it is absolutely painless!!! Good luck.

S.,

it sounds like she is going horns...lol...did it take your mind off of it for a while...lol...this is what friends are for to help freak you out more...lol...

hope things work out... =o)

what your daughter has...sounds like a "wart" my son had removed from his toe early this past summer...It started as a bump and then grew these spikey things. Ultimated the podiatrist removed it and did a biopsy (just that word was scary)and now all is well! wish I could remember the exact type of growth. sending a warm hug your way...it's so stressful when our kids have unknown "stuff"....good luck and keep us posted with what the dermatologist has to say.

I had the EXACT same thing on my cheek when I was pregnant. It was always there and it looked like a little bump. Well when I got pregnant it started to grow and get little "palm trees" (thats what I called them) growing from it. I went to the dermatologist and he said it was a mole and that the hormones made it grow bigger. It wasnt dangerous at all and all he did was numb it and snip it off. No scar, no pain, really easy procedure. Once you see the dermatologist I'm sure he'll put your mind at ease. I too looked ALL over the internet and found nothing that looked or sounded like this. Good luck, it sounds like it's just a mole like mine was.

My son had something like that on the tip of his nose! Dermatologist used a treatment that he applied w/ a q-tip b/c he wouldn't sit still enough for freezing treatment. It left a big scar, even 9 months later! (investigating possible remedies) Get a couple opinions before treating. Good luck.

You're brave, Mama - warts are always FUN to talk about!

The last time I had a wart, I remember that it started out as a bump...and then got bigger...and then, as I applied medicine, it sort of...opened up? That was just before it died. It looked like a head of cauliflower. Does that sound familiar?

Sure sounds like a wart. Dermatologist will confirm most likley. My son had a wart on his hand that was like a parasitic twin. We got rid of it with oil of oregano and tea tree oil.
This too shall come to pass....

I'm not a quick one to rush my kids to the doctor, but I'd probably take her in and have it looked at. Probably just a wart, but the doc could give you the best advice on how to get rid of it.

1 / 3