Dance Class Clothing

Where place would you recommend to purchase ballet slippers and clothes for a 3 year old????

I would try Target or any resale shop. I have had luck with both.

It depends on what kind of ballet you're planning on her doing or she is wanting to do.

My 5y old just finished an intro type class. I got her two leotards for $3 each at Savers on SLamar across from Sun Harvest. They were in really good condition, I just washed them when we got home.
Instead of the $20 ballet shoes at Payless, I purchased the $7 ballet slippers from Target.

I don't know where you live in Austin, but I'm sure there's a 2nd hand shop nearby.
Also, my daughter's taps were purchased 2nd hand through a local dance studio. Pumpkin Patch (S Lamar) has/had tap shoes, but not in her size.

HTH
K., mama to
Catherine, 5.5y
Samuel, 2.5y
EDD 9/09

I just went to walmart.com and went to the girls section and then under activeware theres a small supply of dance clothing by danskin. Unless the dance studio has strict rules about clothing, I would start there. As for the shoes, the first time I would go to a dance warehouse/store so she can get measured and get the color you need and they can show you how to sew on the straps, but after that first pair you can buy online for a whole lot cheaper and can kind of guesstimate if she needs a bigger size. I'm not sure of a good dance store since I just recently moved here and no longer dance or have kids that dance yet! Good luck and happy dancing!

You can get the slippers from payless. The dancewear you can buy at target pretty inexpensively. You can also get the dancewear at Academy.

I would try the resale shops. I've also heard Academy has good leotards, but I'm not sure of the prices.

There is a Capezio store near the Arboretum in Austin which has everything you need, especially the good quality shoes she will need.

Resale is best, but if you don't have time, academy has cheap ballet/tap shoes, and I have seen some really cute stuff at Target. Try Craig's list also.

1 / 3