Cuties (That Are Not Very Good)

The first two boxes of Cuties I bought this season were so juicy and delicious, this 3rd box is very tasteless. While they've not necessarily gone bad, they just aren't getting eaten. I have an entire box of them. Is there anything I can do or make with them rather than throwing away? I'd think about returning them but the grocery store is much too far away to be worth the trip. Just curious before I toss them.

I have had one good batch of cuties in the past two years. Oranges in general have been terrible for a while.

Make smoothies with them.

I'd email the Cutie company - they may send you a coupon for another box.

Hmm..if you don't want to return them I think I'd squeeze the juice & use it for a marinade for some chicken with garlic, olive oil, oregano, chili powder, salt & pepper! Delish!

Peel 'em and toss 2 in the blender with 2 bananas, some buttermilk or yogurt and plain milk, and some brown sugar and ice to make an Orange Julius style smoothie. My toddler loves this!

Juice them or toss them outside for the deer.

I am just gong to ditto Melissa J - squeeze em and use the juice for cooking and baking.

Juice 'em! You can add another fruit with them or even a carrot or two and get the flavor where you need it to be. A box of cuties will go in one or two juicing adventures.

Make smoothies with them.

I jsut saw a pretty pic on Pinterest (that I assume leads to a recipe) for Clementine Cosmos....sounds nummy!! I vote for that!

1 / 3