Cute plus Size Work Clothes

I need your help, Mamas! I've realized that my body is definitely different after having a baby (sigh) and I'm on the cusp between regular and plus size clothing. I'm having a terrible time finding affordable size 16-ish tops that are appropriate for work but that aren't tunics. I'd love something to show off my curves a little instead of being a tent. I went to Lane Bryant and the only warm-weather work top they had was $40 - a little too much for me to spend on one top. Any suggestions? Thanks a million.

Thanks for all your great suggestions, ladies! Several of the sites I'd never heard of before and I've compiled a list. I've already made an order from Fashion Bug, and actually found some cute dresses at Sears.

Coldwater Creek and Chico's have size 16 (and I know CC was having a 70% sale last week). Try TJMaxx, Cato, Kohl's and Macy's. Also I have found a few casual pieces at JCPenney that are suitable for work/casual. Also try Syms( they have a large selection of suits, dresses and coordinated pieces for work)

I know I am late on this but I, like you, am on the cusp of Plus size and it's HARD to find modern, pretty clothes that FIT. I didn't see anyone mention Old Navy. They have Plus size clothes online and their shipping is usually a flat $5. The other nice thing is being able to return items to their store. I also buy from Kohls but you have to dig - it's hit or miss. Often their online selection is better than in store. In store seems to be a lot of old lady floral prints - LOL! BUT Kohls has the most generous return policy of any store. Always Google the store name + promo or discount code. Kohls ALWAYS has at least a 10% off code and frequently has a free shipping code too (you can use 2 codes). Sign up for newsletters to Lane Bryant, Torrid, etc. I buy bras from Lane Bryant when I get a $20 off of $40 coupon (a few times a year) and buy sale bras (they are good quality). Torrid just had a $10 off of $10 purchase coupon. I got 6 clearance items for less than $10 shipped! I frequently buy funky accessories from Torrid to dress up plainer items which also helps stretch the wardrobe and budget. Also, go through Ebates or a similar site to get cash back. I save a ton on clothing and can shop from home! Email me if this doesn't make sense. Good luck!

I'm trying to name ones that haven't been mentioned yet. Catherine's has local stores and online shopping and they usually have really good sales. Online purchases can be returned free at a store (the same is true for Kohl's and JC Penney). Sometimes I get lucky at Sears. Dress Barn has really cute work clothes and they often have really good sales. TJ Maxx is hit and miss, but cheap when you find something. www.OneStopPlus.com is fabulous for inexpensive clothing that is appropriate for work, and they have several sister sites. You can look for shirts according to length, which is fabulous! I need longer shirts since I'm 5'11" with a long torso, and I use this feature often. One Stop Plus is usually where I find the best sales. They always have at least one coupon code available on their site. Just a note: Old Navy does have some cute plus-size stuff on their website, but you cannot return it to a store. You have to pay to ship it back. You may also want to try www.Zappos.com. I don't know how high their clothing sizes go, but they have free shipping both ways, you can return up to 365 days after purchase if item is still unused, and they ship REALLY quick.

Good luck and happy shopping!

Maurice's! One of my favorite stores ever. Also there is Torrid, most of it is hip stuff that offten times don't work well for work clothes, but there are a lot of things that can be seperates that can turn into work clothes. I don't really like Layne Bryant. I understand that plus sizes need to be longer, but when I try on the tops, I drown! And I'm 5"7" so I'm not short. It might help that I am plus, put like you when it comes to tops, i'm on the cusp.

If you don't mind on-line stores, Woman Within has beautiful, very affordable clothes. I've never been disappointed with anything I've ordered from them. Right now they have a lot of their summer stuff on clearance, too.

The best part is that you don't have to leave the house to do your shoppiing. Check out www.womanwithin.com.

K. in GA

CJ Banks is one I don't see mentioned here that I often get my pants from. Don't know if they have brick and mortar store by you, but they do have online shopping. And often times it's the same clothes they have at their regular store - Christopher & Banks, just larger sizes.

You can check out the local consignment shops and thrift stores. That's what I do as I hate to spend so much money on (what I hope to be) temporary sized clothing!

I'm about your size and I find lots of cute work clothes at JC Penney. In fact, I'm at work now and my outfit came from there. Good luck!

Romans.com and WomanWithin.com have work clothes in plus sizes and run really great sales.

1 / 3