Cute Name Tag Ideas

Hello....I am planning a brunch for the ladies in my neighborhood this Saturday. I live in a very new neighborhood and I thought it would be fun to have some of the moms over without kids...you know so we can have an actual conversation:) To my surprise 17 of the 20 people I invited are coming. We have all moved into this neighborhood within the last year and I know several of them have made comments to me when RSVPing that they are not going to remember names. So....I wanted to do name tags, but dont want to be dorky about it. Any cute ideas/suggestions that might be a step above the Avery stick ons? Thanks so much

Thanks so much for all the great ideas!!! I am soooooo very uncreative but I think I can actually do something cute and fun now that I have the ideas. I am hoping my kiddos will cooperate this afternoon and tomorrow so I can get this place cleaned up! I told my 5 year old that mommy was having a party for just mommies and he said, "well....if you want to, but I don't think it sounds like a lot of fun!" If he only knew how much fun just the IDEA of mommy time is! Thanks again and happy holidays!!!!

Maybe if you feel dorky having people wear name tags, have them put their names on their drink glasses. That way it solves two problems. People are carrying around their names, and they do not get their glasses mixed up with someone elses.

i don't know if this would work for your party but i went to a work meeting once and we played a fun introduction game. we had to indroduce ourselves to the group of folks- say our name and say 1 thing truthful about ourselves and 1 thing untruthful and the group had to guess which one was true. It was fun!

Hi-
What about taking pictures of everyone's house. Use the house picture as a name tag by writing their name on the picture. This would help you remember their name and which house they live in.

Possbily cut the picture into the shape of the house. You could punch a hole in the top of the picture and put a string through it to wear.

I was thinking the house idea too, but more general than taking a picture of 17 houses! Just get a general house picture, and have the ladies add their name and house number and/or color. Also with the ladies permission, you could print up a list of their names addresses and phone numbers to hand out to everyone. That way everyone could give a call or send a card to facilitate in friend keeping! That would go well with your friend making get together!
Sounds fun, enjoy!
V.

I like the ideas submitted about the picture of the houses. I would also suggest, after their name, adding Mom to (kids names).

Example: C.; Mom to Josh, Lucas and Cate

There are a lot of kids in my neighborhood that I know, but I don't know their parents as well. This might help them out also.

I'd take pictures of the houses and match the names to the houses. That way people can identify them with their house.

what i have done for my womens meeting of about 20, was to write what the true meaning of their names meant beforehand on their nametag along with their name as well. I knew beforehand what names to find meanings for from the sign up sheet. The book I used was a paperback titled , 'THE NAME BOOK BY DORTHEA AUSTIN The women loved it and were proud of their names!

You could ask each of them to bring their own creative name tags, or have a short activity of making name tags when they get there.
Have a great time!
E.

1 / 3