Crock Pot Recipes. - Occoquan,VA

Hey there. I'm aware that there are websites and books with a MILLION recipes. This is partly why I'm asking yall directly. I'm too overwhelmed by all the recipes, BUT the most important reason I'm asking for recipes is that I don't have a stove or oven right now. TOO many recipes call for "browning" or something involving the stovetop. And other recipes call for some baking. I know there are some that do not have those requirements, but i need some help here.

For one, ive heard that you can cook HARD uncooked pasta in the crock pot. I have yet to see a recipe that has how you do it. all the pasta recipes call for pre-cooked pasta to be added.

I like all kinds of food. I need to recipes for 6-10 people in a 6 qt. crock pot. My four kids are ages 2-7. My husband doesn't care for ham that much. THANK YOU, THANK YOU in advance!!

Here's a great - easy - my kids LOVE it recipe... I use frozen chicken breasts and it comes out perfect!! I even add peas or broccoli when I do the cream cheese for some veggies!
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Chicken-Strogano...

Here's a slow cooker lasagna recipe that we thought was pretty good...
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Lasagna-2/Detail...
You can always leave out the sausage and try to add veggies (carrots, broccoli, etc to make it vege lasagna

Hope these help! I really like the All Recipes website and have found some really good recipes.

If you have a recipe that calls for browning, you don't have to brown the meat. It will be just fine if you throw it in the crock pot raw.

This is a blog of a woman who used her crock pot every day for a year. There are a ton of good recipes on there. You should be able to find plenty!

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

A while back someone posted an awesome recipe on here that I make all the time now...chicken breasts, jar of salsa, can of black beans and half a pack of taco mix. Serve with cheese sprinkled on it. Totally easy! I have even turned it into nachos.

Root Beer BBQ Beef Sandwiches

1 boneless beef rump roast (4 lb)
2 cups BBQ sauce
1 cup root beer
Dash of salt and pepper if desired
16 sandwich buns

Put beef in slow cooker. Mix 1.5 cups of BBQ sauce and root beer, pour over beef. Cover, cook on low for 10-12 hours. About 30 minutes before serving, remove beef, turn slow cooker on high to thicken juices. Meanwhile shred beef and then return to slow cooker. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup BBQ sauce. Stir in salt and pepper to taste. Spoon about 1/2 cup into each bun.

I always make chicken fajitas in the crock pot. Just put the chicken in there, frozen or not, and let that cook all day. Just shred it with 2 forks and add your seasonings...It's so easy! Also, I made beef stew once...I thought it was good, my hubby didn't. He likes the beef browned, but that's a lot of work! I just put the beef in and cook thru and then add onions, potatoes, carrots, peas, beef stew mix and you're good to go!
Oh, I just remembered chili! I make my chili in the crock pot too! I just realized that you actually can cook ground beef in a crock pot, so that might be an easy one for you too!

**Chicken or pork (about 3 pounds, or more if bone in). Add one bottle of BBQ sauce. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Easy peasy.

**Pork chops and Mushrooms
INGREDIENTS:
6 boneless pork chops
2 1/4 cups chopped onion
6 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1 envelope onion soup mix
3/4 cup water
1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 cups low fat milk
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 1/2 cups shredded low fat Cheddar cheese
COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: Place pork chops in slow cooker; top with onions and mushrooms. In a bowl, combine onion soup mix, water, melted butter, milk, cheeses and salt and pepper; blend thoroughly; pour over pork chops, onions and mushrooms. Cover and cook on Low for 6 hours.

you can put beef roasts or pork roasts in without browning them first, just add chicken broth( or water) and onions and potatoes.

Search "crockpot" on this website...this question gets asked almost every other week. You will find tons of answers.

Any roast can be put in the crock pot without browning. You can do roast beef, a pork roast or even a whole chicken. There are seasoning packets to make these more tasty too. There is a pot roast seasoning for the crockpot that is AMAZING! I have also done chili in the crockpot with raw hamburger. Just crumble the beef the best you can, add all the rest if the ingredients, stir and turn it on! Voila! It's super easy. Stay away from boneless skinless chicken if you are going to be gone for more than a few hours cause it tends to dry out and be tough if it's left too long. You may want to check out a few crockpot cookbooks from your local library or browse a few at your local bookstore. Good luck!

1 / 3