Crib Rail Protection

My 10 mo old daughter has just started to bite on the railing of the crib. It is leaving big marks on the furniture, plus it is probably not that healthy to ingest. Does anyone have any ideas of how to prevent the biting or any products to cover the railing until she stops chewing on it?

I have 2 brand new still in the package guard rails. They are pink, padded and velcro over the rails of the crib. If you are interested in purchasing them from me (for what I paid), please email ____@____.com or call me at ###-###-####. They work great, I just had 2 extra I never opened from the package.

Ciao, H.

I used gummi rail. I was able to buy it at Babies R Us (however that was 2 yrs. ago). It is soft and flexible and easily goes on the crib rail and comes off nicely.

Our crib came with plastic guards for the rails--one for each of the long sides. I think the manual even lists them as a replaceable part so you can order them fresh for subsequent children. But when I googled "crib rail bite guard" I found a number of products, both fabric and plastic (the ones on our crib are clear plastic) to cover the rails specifically for teethers. Good luck!

Hello,

I had this problem wih my son, he is 8 now. I went to Babies R us and found long plastic cover, like, which are made for the crib and you can use to cover the top of the crib. If you go to the baby store and ask I am sure they can tell you. They were great and he eventually stop biting the plastic.

Hope this Helps
Ang

I know you can purchase a crib rail guard at Babies R Us...I'm sure other places would have it to. It's a plastic sleeve that fits over the top of the rail. Be Aware...my son could easily pull it off so we didn't use it too long.

They do sell plastic crib rail protectors. I believe Babies R Us sells them.

1 / 3

Explore Mamapedia

covering products products rails