Creighton Model

I have been trying to conceive for almost 3 years I had a miscarriage on February this year due to something genetic. After visit a fertility specialist and everything look fine with me and my husband the last thing the doctor advised us IVF, but we don't want to used artificial treatment. Have anyone try "CREIGHTON MODEL" with a positive experience. I'm trying to remain optimistic, but it's getting difficult for us. Please help us.

I know I'm super late on this, but the Creighton Model can be super helpful with trying to conceive for a couple of reasons. First of all, the system can help identify the root of the problem and therefore fix it. Infertility always has a reason, and the Creighton Model seeks to find that reason and fix it rather than treating it on the surface, or deeming it unfixable and turning to expensive medical procedures that attempt to circumvent a woman's natural fertility. Though IVF can be effective, it is fairly invasive and expensive and does not "fix" one's infertility. Also, for those who do not want to use any artificial means whatsoever, the Creighton Model is a good choice for those with infertility issues. The second way the Creighton Model helps is that it aids a woman, hopefully once her problems are cleared up, to identify her fertile times in her period, thus increasing her chances of getting pregnant. Look at this link to see the effectiveness of the Creighton Model vs. IVF at achieving pregnancy - also, it can be a lot cheaper and a lot less invasive!

http://www.naprotechnology.com/infertility.htm

I have been using the Creighton model for about three years and I know a number of people who use it. I think it is great although it has not worked for us, but it has helped with other "woman" issues that came about. I have a dear friend who had been trying for years to have a baby and was about to give up on her dream when she started with the Creighton model. She now has a beautiful 14 month old baby girl. The initial "workup" is time consuming, but I think worth it. Best of luck to you!

I am very sorry for your loss. I don't know much about the Chreighton model. What kind of doctors are you seeing?? I have been seeing a wonderful Perinatal Dr who diagnosed me with Thrombophilia & was able to have my wonderful 2 year old son. I don't know where you live but I Have 2 wonderful high risk fertility dr's that I work with & was able to have my son with just medication to help me. Email me if you would like some more information.

I dont know anything about the "creighton model", but I did have two IVF's and I just wanted to tell you that my daughter is now 6 years old and is perfect. She is beautiful, healthy, and has no problems. I know you said you didnt want to use "artificial treatment". But I wanted to let you know that it can have a very positive result too. Good Luck.

my husband and i tried to conceive for over 2.5 years before i got my wonderful positive pregnancy test this july - we're currently 22 weeks along with twins! But i remember the emotional rollercoaster that got us to this point all too well!

i'm not sure if this is the same thing as the Creighton Model, but for the first year or so we tried a method of natural family planning -- which included monitoring my basal body temperature every morning and a few other fertility signs to determine my most fertile days. Even though by itself it didn't lead to pregnancy for me, it worked VERY well... i really felt like i knew my body so much more!

Unfortunately our problems ran a bit deeper and needed more intervention. We went through everything from fertility medications to inseminations and ultimately IVF. If i could have conceived without all the stress and emotions and finances that laid on us i definitely would have, but there was a lot against us, and we decided it was the only path for us.

But for the average healthy couple, just getting in tune with your body and learning your cycles seems to be key. Learning what your most fertile days is ultimately the way to get pregnant, no matter what method you use!
www.fertilityfriend.com was a GREAT reference! It has an email "course" that can teach you everything - the what to look for and even the why it happens. And if you want to use it to its fullest you can even chart your months right online.

On top of monitoring my fertility signs, i also tried using ovulation sticks - and they really matched what my body's signs were saying.
And in the end we were having ultrasounds to watch for ovulation and those also matched right up with the temping and ovulation sticks - so its a VERY accurate method!

GOOD LUCK! and if you have any questions that my experiences might be able to help with don't hesitate to message me :)

1 / 3