Creatvie Halloween Costume Idea for 15 Month Old

Does anyone have a cute, creative, & simple idea for a halloween costume for a 15 month old boy? I want to do something different than buy one at the costume store and I don't have the time (or ability) to sew anything too fancy. It seems like I have heard of my mommy friends talking about all these cute ideas throughout the year, but now that Halloween is amost here, I can't remember any of them!! Any ideas are welcome... Thanks for you help =)

There are some cute ideas on this website: http://www.coolest-homemade-costumes.com/baby-halloween-c...

familyfun.com/magazine has tons of fantastic ideas!

I did a scare crow when my boy was 3. All you need is a flannel shirt, some old jeans, a hat, and some felt. Get felt the color of your choice to sew patches on. I used a contrasting color thread and big stiches. It was easier and much cuter. I used felt to represent the straw, too. It was not itchy for him and also washable so it could be worn more than once. Cut the felt in strips and sew around the inside of arm holes, pant legs, and maybe the neck of the shirt to where they will stick out and show. And maybe sticking out of some of the patches, as well. It was really simple and super cute. Use your imagination to make his unique. That is the best part. I never buy those Wal-mart costumes. It's just no fun.

i've also done the hobo thing with my daughter. we burned a wine bottle cork and then used that after it cooled off to make her face dirty. came out really cute.

I did this one year and it came out so cute. Go buy a package of smarties. U know, the one that is like $1.00 and has 10 or so packets in it. Then, dress them regular with pants...tape with that wide clear tape the smarties to the pants. They are going as smarty pants...Cute, huh?

Try www.familycrafts.about.com and in the middle of the page in blue print click on "Halloween costume photo gallery". They have hundreds of ideas and most are no sew, plus they show pictures of the costume and give step by step instructions.

Charlie Brown!!! That's what my 1yr old was last year and he will be Charlie Brown again this year. He wears blue jeans, penny loafers, and I bought a yellow polo shirt that I fabric glued the black stipe that goes around the belly. It helped that he didn't have much hair then.

Why not make him a hobo? You can do this no matter what the weather is.
When we did this it was cold. We put my son in sweat pants and a long sleeve shirt that didnt match. Over the shirt we put a tee shirt that didnt match. We cut fingers out of a pair of gloves. We took an old blanket and cut it up into different size squares. We paper clipped the squares on the pants and shirts. Be sure to tape the paperclips too so that he doesnt get poked. We used 2 different colored socks. We took a stick and tied a cut up sheet to it for his stick. We took a stuffed animal dog and tied a rope around it. We put him in a tobbogon (sp) and I used black eyeshadow to give him a dirty look.
Everyone loved the outfit. I will see if I can find the picture. We just used stuff around the house.
If it was work you could put him in shorts and a tee shirt with mis colored tank over it. And let him eat in the clothes before going out, the messier the better.
Good luck. Let us know what you decide! :)

1 / 3