Creative Ways to Wrap Money for Christmas

I have searched on the web for some creative ways to give money as a gift. I have found origami designs, put the money in a large box so they don't know what it is, and also placing the money in one of those plastic games that lock and you need to solve the puzzle to get the money out. Other than those ideas do you have any others? Maybe for a teenage boy?

A relative received a large sum of cash as a Christmas gift years back wrapped around a soda can and then wrapped. When handled, it kind of glugged and he wondered what kind of a liquid gift he could be getting.

My idea is really just the big box but with a little twist. One year, we ordered something for my dad that I knew he wanted, but it didn't come in time for Christmas. So, we wrapped a big cardboard box and just stuffed it with crumpled newspaper, then on one of the flaps of the box, I wrote with a marker what the gift was and said it should be coming soon. It was so fun watching my dad be so confused at the empty box and dig through newspaper looking for something. Maybe you could tape an envelope with money to the inside of a box flap? It does also depend on the overall humor of the boy you are giving it to.
Just another thought, when we were given money growing up my parents just put it in an envelope and stuck it in the branches of the Christmas tree, we would get through opening presents and my parents would say there were more, but we couldn't see any and we would have to find it in the tree.
Good luck! He'll love whatever you choose, because in reality he is a teenage boy and you are giving money, so he will be happy! :)

Look up Martha Stewart.com. she has some different types of boxes that you can make and wrap the money in them with a ribbon tied around them. I made little brown coffins for Halloween for candy and such. the same can be done for cash.

This is kind of funny to me but may upset the kid. Give it to him in rolled coins. You can buy 25.00 rolls of the different presidents in the form of coin dollars.

Hi!
I've seen money in a bar of glycerin soap (might be a good idea for a teenage boy! Ha!) and frozen in ice... Good luck! :o)

HOw about origami? There are some awesome ways to fold money. You could do a theme - like jungle or whatever and put it all in a box.

I get those take out boxes from michaels and fill them with either marshmallows or chocolate chips for reindeer poop or snowman poop and put the $ in a little plastic bag and stuff it in there. My teenage neices and nephews always loved it.. even my 8 year old son wants one.. last year i melted the chcolate over the marshmallows and it was a big hit! even if i dont give them a present they want that!

HI!!! I happen to be doing the same thing for my 14 yr old son and i decided to get a "Build a Bear" done. He is really into football, so i am getting him a bear dressed as a player and slicing a small slice in the little football for the gift card to go into. But you can choose any kind of animal and any kind of outfit. Good Luck!!!

How about if you attach it to a brick and wrap the brick? That'll really throw him off.

1 / 3