Creative Names for an Aunt

Can anyone suggest any cute/creative names for an Aunt? Thanks!

WOW!! I am so overwhelmed by the WONDERFUL responses I received! Thank you all so, so much!

Well, I found that a lot of you are in a similar situation as I am: the special name for an aunt is actually for me. I have a few close friends that also have young children - mine is the oldest. The other two girls are "Mimi" and "Auntie", so I wanted something special, too, other than "Aunt T." - boring to me! My daughter is the oldest and starting to talk, so she is starting to say both names. The other child isn't talking yet, so she can't really create a name for me yet. We just want something she can call me without it being Aunt T.. We had actually thought of "Tia" or "Thea", but we have absolutely NO accent. Trust me - it doesn't sound as pretty with country accents! :) We need practice, I know... :) Anyway, a lot of you use Tia or Thea, so I guess maybe I'll stick with that! When the kids get older, I would be more than happy for them to come up with something on their own. I think it makes it sweeter anyway!

Thank you all for your ideas! I appreciate them so much!

I think it's really cute when the nieces/nephews pick the names. In my family we have Aunt Na-Na (N.), Aunt Fer (Jennifer), Aunt Tonya (Tonya), and Moppy (Stephanie who was like a nanny for a while so I think it was a form of Mommy)

Hi T.,

When my niece was little we could not get her to call me by my name. So my brother remembered my nickname my father gave me as a little girl which was "pooh". Now I am Aunt Pooh to all my nieces, nephews and friends children and its been that for 15 years now. Good luck with the name.

Hi T.,
I have a sister whom i am very close with and is more like my mother than a sister so when i had my baby i thought the word Aunt was to plain for her, we are part italian so we looked up the word and found Zia for aunt and my daughter calls he ZiZi.

My kids call my best friends mom TATEE (TAhh TEA) , it's spanish for aunt, (I think) She's spanish and that;s what her relatives call her... Good luck finding the right one!
- A.

My niece and nephew call me "Ti Ti", I think it's cute and I love it. :o)

Kimi

Auntie, Tia , ... depends on the Aunts name too.

We speak spanish in our house and we use the word "tia"
for aunt. :)

in yiddish, Tanta is aunt and we use it for my daughetrs great -aunt

Tia (pronounced Thea) is the spanish word for aunt.

Thea means aunt in Greek & Theo means uncle in Greek.

they can just call her Thea (which my child does) or they can call her Thea (insert name). example: Thea Christine

1 / 3