Creative Grandmother Names?

Can I have some creative grandmother names? I know my baby girl will come up with something on her own, but "Grandma" doesn't want to be called such, so any suggfestion will be appreciated :)

Thanks for all of the great suggestions! Of course I opened the door to both of my parents to choose their "new" names, but Mom just hasn't heard one yet that she truly HAS to have. She would love to be called Mimi, but there are so many "Mimi's" in town, she wants to be different. My favorites so far are : Grams, Gigi, Gima, Nonni, Nina, and Mim. What's so funny is I know this whole question/answer thing will be moot eventually cause Taylor will say what she wants :)

I do not like to be called Grandma or Grandmother,mine call me Nanny.I don't have a problem with that,one of my daughters gand children call her Nana. B. Ingram

For some reason, my sons called my mom "MooMoo". My oldest son wanted his son to call me that. But my grandson had his own version for me , which is "Mooma". I'm the only "Mooma" I've ever heard of.

My Mom goes by the name "Bug". As the first grandchild, my nephew started calling her "bugga bugga" when he was just a baby and then it became "bugsy" and then shortened to just plain "bug". Also, "Ya-Ya" is Greek for Grandmother and that's an adorable name.

My brother created the name, Gingy, when he was little for one of our grandmas. He just couldn't say Grandma, so Gingy it has always been.

For another gramdmother, my kids call her Special Grandma. My three year old is soo funny when she yells "Special Grandma!" and runs to hug her. She is actually Great Grandma, but try explaining that to your kids...so my oldest just called her Special and it has stuck for 8 years now.

oooooooooomow
Like the old son Poppa oo mow mow :)
That's what our twins called us
He was Poppa I was ooooooooooomow

We call my Mom Lolly. We call my Dad Pop. Lolly-Pop. My oldest could not say Grams so we came up with Lolly.
I know other Grandmothers called Sweetie, Easy(for Easy-Does-It), Honey, and Granny (of course).

my cousin's baby calls her grandma "precious" :)

Hi E.!

What is grandma's name?

My Mother in Law is Dolores and the kids call her DoDo, she loves it and so do we. We're goofy though - I call her MIL and she calls me DIL (Mother in Law, Daughter in Law), AND nevermind what we call the animals!

Best,
Traci

My mom's name is ANNA. Instead of nanna my son could only say ANNA - so that's her name. Good luck finding one!

Mom Mom

get it.. ? Mom times two? That's what we call my mother-in-law

1 / 3