Creative Gift for Office-Mate

I've been nursing my son since starting back to work when he was 6 weeks old. I have a nanny for him at work, so I have the privilege of nursing him at least once a morning while working and I pump in the afternoon. I share a very close office space with 3 other people who have been so supportive and accepting of my daily nursing interferences. They accept breast milk in the lunch fridge, taking calls while I pump, sitting with me as a nurse through meetings, etc. I was trying to think of a humorous and/or thoughtful "booby prize" for each of them. Any ideas? I work with two men and a woman. Thanks!

I did "milk"-based gifts! Milk chocolate, handmade goat's milk soap, goat's milk bubble bath. Fun stuff!

My first thought was you could purchase a gift card to a store that sells bras/underwear (we'll say Victoria Secret for example) and write something like "to thank you for being so supportive of my boobies I wanted to treat you to a gift for yours!" but that would only work for the woman you work with. I think it is very sweet of you to thank them, I'm sure any gift/thank you will be appreciated.

Dear M.,
I have to admit that I was somewhat envious when I read your post. You are so blessed to be able to have "the best of both worlds." A "booby prize" is not really my style, so I don't know what to say there. However, since you seem to have a close working relationship with this people, I'd recommend a humorous thinking of you or thank you card with a gift card to/for something they enjoy. (If you can't find a card you like, most pc/office computer software comes with some type of program that would allow you to make your own card.) I do this for invitations to my children's events all the time. You're Invited...with the child's photo on the front. In your case, Thank you...with a photo of baby on the front, and then a brief not of explanation inside (that could be typed in a neat font or handwritten.) Good luck!

Spencers at most malls would have a ton of stuff that could work - boob-shaped pastas, for instance! I think it's a riot and kudos to your boss for being so progressive!

I sell personalized gifts at www.giftsaboutme.com. One of my Friendly Folks prints might work for you, they are available in a variety of topics and can either be matted or made into a mouse pad which is a great gift for office workers. If you have any questions let me know. You are very fortunate to have such a great working situation.

Have a Great day!
B. Egan
###-###-####
http://www.giftsaboutme.com
Personalized gifts for everyone and every occasion
http://www.shaklee.net/eganshaw
Healthy Homes - Healthy Families
Creating healthy environments for everyone.
FREE "Creating Healthy Environments" programs for groups of any size at your meeting location or home.

I agree that a thank you is in order-- I don't think it matters much what it is. If you are in Allegheny county, ask your employer if he would like to be nominated for the Breastfeeding Friendly workplace award through the health department

Actually M. this is a question for you. I see you have a nanny. My husband and I are in the process to start looking for a nanny for our 2 little girls and we were wondering where did your employer find your nanny?

Thanks,
Angie D

Where do you work? I want your boss!

I sell nursing bras and one of my vendors sent out Christmas cards that were a bra. I'm sure you could buy something similar. There is a really cute store at the airport (which unfortunately, you have to be taking a flight to visit this store now), but they have great things. It is called Toto. I would think that they would have a website, but I can't find one. Here is a link to an article about them: http://www.fashionwindows.com/visual/2001VF/toto.asp - you may be able to call and see if they have a website - but they have some great ideas.

A Mother's Boutique
Maternity & Breastfeeding clothing, Nursing Bras, Breast Pumps, Slings and Accessories.
MamaSource members save 10% off their first order (excluding breastpumps) with coupon MAMASOURCE
http://www.mothersboutique.com

1 / 3