Cramping the First Month

I'm a little over a month pregnant with my second child and have had some period like cramping,I'm a little nervous about it,and I've read it's normal but I don't remember having any with my first daughter like this,I can't really do anything but lay down most of the time.My husband is super helpful but can't be here to help every second of the day.Any help or anyone else had to deal with this also?Is it normal,and everything is ok as long as there isn't any bleeding?

Well,I finally got in to the doctors office,it's really stupid,if your on camp pendleton,I'm at the family care center or whatever,you have to take the pregnancy test there first,which they only do the tests on monday,then they will make you an appointment to see the doctor,so those of you wondering why I wouldn't just ask my doctor,the very RUDE nurse i talked to on the phone to make the appointment acted like I was stupid for not knowing who my doctor was,or where the family care center was,even after I told her I had never been there.Anyway,I'm still really irritated about that.But,like I said it was normal from what i read but wasn't sure.The nurse said lots of bed rest,lots of pelvic rest,take tylenol not advil,the nurse freaked out when i said I take advil right?That's what I was told to take during my first pregnancy not tylenol.Anyway,I'd still feel better if I knew for sure if everything was ok due to my miscarriage I had in Feb. but until I see the doctor,I guess it's just dealing with the pain and alot of laziness till my first appointment which is May 11.

L., I had cramping with both of my children, and my doctor said it was very normal. He explained that the cramping was the membranes of the uterus expanding to accommodate the baby. He also recommended placing a heating pad over my uterus while laying down for relief, and it worked! I hope this helps out and congratulations!

I would have cramping on my left side the first couple of months of my pregnancy. My doc advised me that it was my body organs making room for the baby. Because we all know that by the end of your pregnancy there isn't room for much in there.
It might be something as simple as that. It might be stress of your husband re-enlisting as well. I would def ask your doc next visit.

L.,

You should get in to see your OB/Gyn. I had both cramping and bleeding with my second child and he was born healthy (several months later!) but you just never know. Better safe than sorry.

Dear L.,

Of course, I am not a medical person, but I did have 5 miscarriages and cramps in the first and second months is not a good sign, and I think that calling it normal is not right. You need to see another doctor, or go back to the one who told you that, and nail him or her down with some sensible questions. Sorry, C. N.

I too have been cramping since my first month, my other child is 2 and I don't remember this happening with him.....I've told my doctor about it numerous times and she said it's normal, and told me to not lift anything and lay on my left side...haha I work full time and my guy isn't much help!
I'm now almost 4 months and still cramping and she still insists it's normal....then after intercourse the other day I bled a little and she said that's normal too......

I felt everything more intensely the second time! I am sure you are fine...but ALWAYS ask your doctor....there is no such thing as a dumb question. If they don't listen and you feel the same concern, get another doctor. it is there duty to take care of you, not your privelege.

I have experienced cramping with all 5 of my children when I was pregnant and it scared me everytime. My doctors told me it is normal as long as its mild cramping and there is no bleeding. They also told me that its the body adjusting to make room for the baby. However, if you havent seen your doctor yet, I would definitely advise you to just to be on the safe side. Everyone is different.

Everything is fine. I know that when I was about a month pregnant I had some cramping too and I still do at 18 weeks. It's usually do to either round ligament or it may be near the time you should've had your menstrual cycle. I would just take a heating pad and lay down and I usually felt better. You can take tylenol too.

You should be fine as long as you are not having any bleeding - I had way more cramping with my second than I did with my first... check with your ob though, they will do an ultrasound just to be on the safe side. Good luck and congrats!! :)

1 / 3