Cowboy Themed Party

I will be throwing a cowboy themed birthday party for my two little buck-a-roos and wanted to enlist all of you brilliant mamas for party ideas. I did a pirate theme last year and you all came through with glorious ideas. Hoping you'll do the same again this year!

We did the cowboy theme the past 2 years....Birthday Express has a couple of very cute themes! ...and they are reasonably priced.

They have great party supplies at Shindigz online. Check out www.shindigz.com I've ordered really cute things for a firetruck themed party. They are very quick on the shipping also.

Hi! We went to a cowboy birthday party a while back, and all the kids had such a good time. They went to Oriental Trading and got cowboy boot cups for each child. They also gave each child a bandana and hat when they arrived, which all served as goodies to take home at the end. The food was hot dogs, hamburgers and beans, which all the kids loved. They 'rented' a pony for the afternoon, and gave rides to everyone. It was really nice, and the handler was so good. Some of the kids were a little scared, and he just let them pet the pony for a while, and never tried to make any of them ride if they didn't want to. I think that cost about $100, but it occupied the kids for ages, and there were lots of good chances to take pictures. Oriental Trading is good, and inexpensive, and I think Birthday Express also has cowboy themed items. Have fun!

You could have some party games. "Ranch Dressing"-a relay race where kids have to put on cowboy clothes and then ride a stick horse around some hay bales. "Cow pattie toss"-brown bean bags and toss then in a bucket or to knock down some cow cutouts from cardboard. "Pin the star on the sheriff" or saddle on the horse or cowboy on the horse, whatever picture you can find. You can make a Twinkie cactus-cover a twinkie in green frosting and add pretzel sticks. A "make your own trail mix" where you line up the ingredients (cheerios, raisins, m&m candy, marshmallows...) and give the kids a cute container to fill as they like, and can also be a party favor. Hope your party turns out great!

Sounds like fun!
Well of course you can rent a pony for rides- and depending how old they are- they can decorate their own cowboy/girl hats with fdelt stick ons- etc
If you would like to sit back and enjoy the party ---call Party Angels
We are a host assistant service- we do all the running around and serving cleaning and tending to- while you enjoy-
Also- Elegant cakery can do western themed cupcakes- they are to die for- let me know and ill get you the information!
Petting zoo would be fun

www.partyangelsus.com
###-###-####
D. Sansone
Party Angels Ltd.
any kind of party!

Check out this site: http://www.birthdaypartyideas.com/html/cowboy_party.html

I only looked at one party (2003 Winner), but found lots of great ideas such as having the kids decorate and wear paper bag vests, eating out of pie tins, panning for gold, and "Snakes in a Boot" (a game where kids drop rubber snakes into a boot). The "Wanted" invitations sound adorable, too.

www.familyeguide.com Free guide to affordable family activities in Lewisville, Highland Village, Flower Mound, and the surrounding communities.

1 / 3