Countertop Roaster Oven for a Turkey

Has anyone ever used a countertop roaster oven to cook a turkey for Thanksgiving? I am cooking for more people this year and I need the extra oven space for other things. I hadn't even thought of using one until I saw a commercial for one. Thanks!

My mom has done this for the past two years. She has to make an aluminum-foil tent/cover because the lid won't fit on a larger turkey. But it tastes great and keeps the regular oven free for other dishes.

Yes! I put this same request up last year. It turned out awesome but cooked quicker than I thought. It was ready an hour early. I just turned it off & left it in there & it was really moist & tender.

My mom has one of these that we use for our turkey. It really frees up the oven for some of the other dishes. One thing to remember, though: you generally cannot make a really large turkey in there. The roaster owner's manual (and box, for that matter) will tell you the maximum size turkey you can roast in it.

Yes, we do this every year and it's awesome. Also, we love to do a small turkey breast in the crockpot throughout the year. Throw some chicken broth and potatoes or baby carrots in there and you have a delicious and easy meal.

Yes. I used one for the first time last year and it was fantastic! Super moist and fell apart.

Not for Thanksgiving, but I did roast a turkey breast. It came out really moist though I would try to flatten it out a bit more next time. It stood so high the top of the breast hit the element. (P.S. I used the NuWave Oven) I love the thing though,it really works and works well on frozen food too. I thought for sure they were pulling my leg, but nope, it worked like a charm. Used steaks, pork chops, pork roasts, chicken too. Good luck. I'd stick with a 10 lb (tops!) for your meal, that may be too small, but if you have extras it may work. Happy Turkey Day!

Yes we cook 2. One in the roaster & one in the oven. The roaster is always done earlier way. Cover the wings with foil so they dont burn.

I have used my roaster to cook a turkey. I cooked it breast side down and the last hour turn it right side up, comes out so juicy and wonderful! Faster than the oven!

1 / 3