Could Our House Be Making Us Sick?

Hi! I have kind of a crazy question. Could the air in my house be making me and my daughter sick. We constinaly have a runny nose and cough with chest conjestion. we moved in this house, which we rent, in December and we have been to the dr more in the last few months than we have in 2 years!!! Does anyone know who i would contact to see if we have mold or something in the air vents. Thank you all so much!!

A few things you may want to consider are also allergies, and dirty air filters. If you haven't changed the air filters since you moved in, that could be part of the problem. I found when I moved into a rental I was having problems similar to your, only to learn the family before had a cat, and even though they cleaned, there was still cat dander everywhere, and I'm allergic. Otherwise, you may want to contact a HVAC company to get things checked out. I hope this helps a bit.

Hi L. ~

Where do you live? If in N. FL, contact Weather Engineers - www.weatherengineers.com.

My husband has been an HVAC journeyman for the past 6 years and I have learned that what you need is to have a UV light installed into your airhandler. It is a little pricey but you will be AMAZED with the difference it will make.

1 / 3