Costco or Sam's Club? - Chandler,AZ

We are looking to join one of these stores and was wondering which one was better. We have 3 girls ages 14-4.

Mmmmmmmmm Costco pumpkin pie! Ok and their croissants. Sorry just had to put in my opinion about Costco:)

We have both. Overall I like costco better, but Sam's Club has a better grocery selection I think. Whereas Costco carries more of everything else. If you are interested, I just received a flyer on my door for a 15 week membership to Sam's Club for $15 you may have. Yearly membership rates are $40 for Sam's Club and $50 for Costco.

I have belonged to Costco for years. I believe each one has a 'non member' day or weekend where you can go and buy stuff just to check them out. Or ask them and see if you can go into each and see which one you like the best. I personally think they are pretty much the same. Good luck!

Costco all the way. Customer Service is awesome, excellent return policy, and the products are high quality. I feel like Sams is just a glorified Wal-Mart, and when it comes to the food and cleaning products, Sam's brand is Wal-Mart quality.

I think it is going to be a personal choice. Call both stores and tell them that you are thinking about purchasing a membership and would like to know if you could have a one day pass to walk through the stores. Then check things out and see which store has more of what you plan on purchasing.

When we did our walk through a few years ago we choose Sams because they had a better selection of foods. I might have to take a walk through of the new Costco in Mesa to see what they offer now. Our membership with Sams expires in November so thanks for the idea!

I have never shopped at Sams Club, but with Costco, they have different memberships. We have the Executive, where we get, I think, 2% back at the end of the year. We share our membership with my in-laws & between the 2 families, we always get back enough at the end of the year to pay for our annual membership fees.

Good luck with your choice!!

This is different for every person. I know when Sam's Club went to my Mom's city in CA it was short lived and Costco replaced it there. Not sure if it was because Costco was better or if they just couldn't make it there. I have always shopped at Costco because it is located more conveniently to where I live in Tucson. I would Try and visit each store with a friend who has a membership and decide which one you like more if there is a convenient store near you for both. That way you buy a membership based on your needs and not on others opinions.

D. P.

I don't really have a favorite. Both of them have products that I buy that the other doesn't carry. If you are looking for appliances and furniture, my friends house is full of things from Costco.

1 / 3