Cooking Spray Residue

Does anyone know how to get that sticky cooking spray residue off both glass and metal baking pans? It seems that just hot water and soap doesn't do the trick.

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works wonders on stuff like that! Even on the backs of pans where you wonder how it got there! Wash with dishwashing liquid afterward.

My mom and grandma always told me to soak in cold water because hot water sometimes will rebake on and make it harder to come off the other thing to try is believe it or not shampoo designed for oily hair, it seams to work well for me also on those tought ring around the collar stains also.

E.

Try Shaklee's At-Ease (www.shaklee.com). No burns (;o)), and all natural.

Try mixing lemon juice and baking soda to make a paste then scrub on and let sit... I've never tried this specifically on baking pans, but it's non-toxic and works wonders with a bunch of other things in the house.

I second that on the Dawn Power Dissolver. I LOVE the stuff and of course had the same problem you do with the cooking spray stickiness.

Good Luck!!
~J.~

I also use the scrubbing pads, however, I do it when my pan is still hot. Yeah, I've burned my finger once or twice, but it's the only way I can get the stuff off. I have actually stopped using it because I hate all the work I have to put into it to clean up after the spray!

E.

Oh I hate that too!! What I found works for me is those Mr. Clean magic erasers. They work on EVERYTHING! (It even took permanent sharpie off my kitchen floor,table, walls & windows! I have a 2 year old Picasso!) I just use it on the gunk and it comes right off.

Try putting some soapy water in the pan and stick it in the oven or microwave for a few minutes so the water gets REALLY hot but not boiling hot. Then, throw on some dish gloves so you don't burn your fingers and use a scrubby pad on it. If it's still resistant, throw some lemon juice and some baking soda on it to give you a little "grit" to scrub with.

If it's not porous, you could probably use oven cleaner - but make sure you wash it really good after with lots of soap to get any residual cleaner off.

1 / 3