Condo Versus Hotel....what Do You Prefer?

Going to Hawaii and looking into both, but have never stayed at a Condo before. It will only be my mom and me so no kiddos. What did you like or not like about staying at either. I love staying at a hotel and having room service and all, but my mom has insomnia and snores so I would like to have a condo because there is a room and a living room and I would be staying on the couch, which is fine. Hotel has a private beach and condo has a five minute drive to the beach. So what do you think? Booking hotel/condo today! Help!

In Hawaii, definitely choose the condo. Meals out are very expensive there and having access to a kitchen you can save a lot of money making at least one meal a day there. We had a condo on Maui and loved it. It was run like a hotel, so we still had daily room clean-up, too.

I would go for the condo b/c I know that I like having snacks, drinks and breakfast foods accessible and not costing a fortune on vacation! You may want to see if the hotel has a suite available. It will cost you more, but they typically have a sitting room with a detached bedroom!

We love resort hotels and it is the route we choose when we are on vacation.

You might be able to get a suite. We usually get some sort of suite when we go.

Love the great service at a hotel resort!!

I personally prefer staying in a condo/beach house. I like being able to buy groceries and cook for myself and go out to eat occasionally as a treat. I also like the privacy and accommodations better. Since it's Hawaii, though, and I don't know if you've been there before- a big consideration is how well you handle bugs. I have heard that Hawaii doesn't have a lot of insects but that they do have spiders and huge centipedes so if you're in a condo you are more likely to possibly have to deal with that from time to time. If the idea freaks you out, stay at a hotel. If you could care less the condo might be better. Also, if you stay in a condo, find out if you have to bring your own sheets and towels or if they have them already. Have fun!

Condo! I love having a kitchen, microwave, and fridge, where I can stock what I like to eat for midnight snacks and breakfast in my pjs.

For 2 people, my vote would be for a hotel, especially if it's right on the beach.

Hotel.

That way you can relax.

Just take advantage of the hotel and its maid service etc.

It is a high cost of living here... if you buy your own food/cook etc., it will be expensive. And, who wants to cook, on 'vacation' anyway? I don't.

A box of cereal, is over $5
A gallon of milk, over $4
For example.

I love having a separate living room and bedroom. It's so nice! Does the hotel have any suites so you get the best of both worlds?

Anyway, I would choose a condo over a standard hotel room any day!

1 / 3