Conception at 44 Years Old?

Hi Moms!
Are there any moms who conceived a child in their 40s (I know the odds of it and all that) but nonetheless, I am still curious if people have had any luck and if so, was it done via fertility treatments, alternative? Please share your stories if you can.
Thanks kindly

I had both of my children in my forties, one at 40 and the other at 42. I underwent fertility tratments however, but now I have a 2 1/2 yr old boy and a almost 6 month old boy. Feel free to email me anytime: ____@____.com

I also used a basel thermometer to track my ovulation and got pregnant at 41 with little difficulty. My gynecologist said I should try for more...easy for him to say! I am blessed with a wonderful 2.5 year old girl. My best advice--try not to worry before you need to! I wish you all the best!

I conceived at 43... did acupuncture with Sharon Feng and used progesterone cream after day 17 of my cycle. We now have a little 8 month old boy!

If you and the intended father both have been medically cleared and everything is top shape, use HypnoFertility. I don't know where you are located, I'm in Bakersfield, Ca and happily offer my services as a HypnoFertility Therapist. If you are located far from me, go on line and search for a HypnoFertility therapist.
Best of luck and good health,

Hi-
I had our twins when I was 42 years old. It was thru IVF, but only because my tubes were blocked. All of the tests on my eggs came back very positive, I am guessing that we probably could have conceived without IVF if I didn't have the tubal blockage. We only had to go thru 1 round of IVF.

Dear S.,

I am 45 ( as of March 27th) and I am the happy mom of five children, ages 17, 15, 4( as of 6/6) and twins age 2(as of 5/23). They were all conceived naturally, and the twins are identical, which they tell me increases with age. I went to my OBGYN first for a very thorough check and conversation. I am not obese, but I have weight issues. She said I was fine, and to proceed if I wished. Both pregnancies went very well, and she has even said that she would support my desire to have one more if I so wish, because I seem to do pregnancy well. I did not gain a large amount of weight, yet the babies were of good size. I was lucky, my cravings were all for healthy foods, so she attributed it to healthier eating and as not worried that I did not show any real gain until 6 mos with my 4yr old, and at 5 mos with the twins. I did use an over-the-counter ovulation predicter test, because I did not want to waste a lot of time with hit and miss, due to being older. The older two and my 4yr old were all normal births, but I had to have a c-section with the twins because the lower one was blocking the birth canal and was breach. I do not mind being an older mom, though beware, you will get the questions at the store about " Are you shopping for your grandchild ? I just had a blast putting my hand on my tummy, and saying no, my own !!!!! And even though I am older, and probably a bit more tired than with my first two, I would do it all over again. Good luck and I wish you all of the best on your adventure. I do not know if this sight allows you to write back, but if so, please do if you feel like it.
N. H. ____@____.com

I did by surpise the natural way at 41...our third child is a perfect in everyway....:)

Hi S. -

I am very, very happy to hear about so many moms who were able to get pregnant with no problems at 40 and above. It is truly wonderful to hear. And it's true - 40 is the new 30!

I noted that many of those who responded had already been pregnant at a younger age, which has a big impact on one's ability to conceive later in life.

I'm going to deliver my first in August, and I'll be 41 then. We tried to get pregnant for 6 years, and everything tested fine for us, no medical problems. Clomid did not work. Hormones did not work. So I do not share the ease that other respondent had.

What it came down to for me was clearing my body of inflammation from food allergies and endocrine system support. A lifetime of stress and too many toxins in my body prevented me from conceiving. A total change of diet, supplements (for general health and endocrine support) and acupuncture changed my life (plus a few other things), and I got pregnant without even thinking about it!

I would be happy to give you more information, and my acupuncturist's info, if you'd like to send me a private message. (and that goes for anyone who'd like to know more)

C. S.

1 / 3