Coming off the Pill

Updated on June 02, 2009
C.W. asks from Saint Paul, MN

hi to all- i trying to plan when to come off my birth control. im taking the pill. when i was coming off the pill to get pregnant with my first child i quit taking the pill and used another form of birth control for a month and then went for it. i got pregnant that first month of trying. im wondering if i didnt wait that month after taking the pill what are my chances of getting pregnant? thanks so much

• Add your own comment
  • Ask your own question
  • Join the Mamapedia community
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

Smallavatar-fefd015f3e6a23a79637b7ec8e9ddaa6

L.A.

answers from Minneapolis on

With my first child, I quit the pill mid-pack (with my doctor's okay)and was pregnant within two months.

C.G.

answers from Davenport on

You have a higher chance of getting pregnant the first 2-3 months after getting off the pill. Your body is still on a regular cycle then, which increases your chances.

D.P.

answers from Minneapolis on

Everyone is different. It took me about 2 or 3 months before I got pregnant but I have a friend who got pregnant twice right away.

S.D.

answers from Minneapolis on

It really depends on when you ovulate and when you "try" to get pregnant.
I went off the pill and got pg the first month, with one of my kids, so it certainly can happen.

C.O.

answers from Minneapolis on

Some people get pregnant when they miss a single pill. It totally depends on your body and cycles.
It took me 9 months to get pregnant the first time, 8 months with each of the next two pregnancies, and my last baby was conceived in the one month I just wasn't being careful (a big oops but a wonderful surprise).

Next question: Using the Pill at a Young Age, Does It Cause Infertility Later? Problems?