Coloring Hair During Your 2Nd Trimester??

I am about 13 weeks pregnant and really need to color my hair.... does anyone know if it is o.k. to color during your 2nd trimester? I plan on asking my dr. at my appt. this week, but she is SUPER strict and I think she would tell me no, so I would love to hear from others who have colored their hair or have been in the same situation. Thanks!!

O.k.....so I am freaked out about the color not coming out right, but since I do not have grey hair and I basically need to cover up some highlights from 3 months ago, I think I should be o.k., I am going darker, more my natural color just to hide a few of the highlights. My Dr. also said it was o.k., so thanks to everyone for your responses and help! Hopefully, I won't have green hair and it doesn't fall out. HA!! ;)
**UPDATE** I colored it and everything went great, I do not have green hair, and it didn't fall out!! YAY!!! ;)

My Doctor told me it was ok as long as the smells are not that bad they told me to even have them put a fan near to keep the fumes at bay.... So I would say go for it I did through my entire preg..

I colored my hair all the time while I was preg. with my second one (since that is when my gray hairs started to show), I even did it like one or two days before he got here, and he is fine.

I colored my hair the entire pregnancy - every pregnancy. Other than a physical developmental disability in my youngest, all of my children came out brilliant, healthy, and fine.

That said, if you're worried, use either a vegetable based dye (health food store) or a semipermanent dye. The semi dyes do not have the ammonia and fumey stuff that the permanents do.

I have colored my hair while I was pregnant with both of my children. Just make sure you cover your face while you are dying you hair...The chemicals are sometimes strong and you really dont want to inhale that stuff...Thats all my doctor was ever really concerned about..

Hope it turns out great
Pattie

I am a hairstylist did my hair with both my kids. And have been doing hair while pregnant and so far Im OK!! HAHAHAH!! We'll see when I get older on the side affects!! I think your fine. Done lots of clients that were pregnant.

I would ask my colorist or call the number on the color box.

I colored my hair after the first trimester but did not use permanent color, I used a wash out. I used the Natural Instict colors. I read or heard that the non permanent colors were okay. Good luck.

-T.

I just recently read something about this. Here is the link to the question that was asked on iVillage.com. I hope this helps!

http://parenting.ivillage.com/pregnancy/psafe/0,,midwife_...

I've colored my hair with all 3 of my kids,and It didn't harm them one bit.I enjoy coloring my hair and I know alot of other mothers that do too.I also know someone that colored their hair and the baby hair was the same color as she did her hair.Even though they tell you not to color your hair its really up to you to make that decision no matter what.I still color my hair,if you don't wanna do a permanant color you can do a rinse too.

Awww..you dont need to color your hair, your beautiful just like you are!

1 / 3