Cold Sweats and Chills Without Fever?

Hello,
I'm looking for some information about what could cause cold sweats and cold chills in the middle of the night without a fever being present. Has anyone ever had this happen to them before? What caused it? Were there other serious medical issues involved?

Any input would be helpful.
thanks,
a

Could be hormonal, esp if you are post-partum. But best to check with doctor.

Without knowing any additional information, it sounds to me like it could be your hormones. Did you recently have a child, quit or go on birth control, entering menopausal age?

Welcome to the great & wonderful world of being a woman! Wish I had words of wisdom for you but all I can say is roll with it.... It's here to stay for quite a while........ Good luck

Hi A.M.,
Could it be menopause? I don't know your age, but night sweats can start as early as your mid-thirties. Start paying attention to what time of the month they occur and see if the timing is related to your cycle. I wish you all the best.
Y.

This could have nothing to do with your issue, however, I have acid reflux and whenever I go to bed on a full stomach, that happens to me. If I don't sit up, I'll actually throw-up. It feels like the stomach flu, but it's just because I didn't digest my food...

Just a thought.

Yoyu didnt mention your age, but sounds like perimenopausal night sweats to me. If you're 35 or older, welcome to the club. chills come from cooling down after the sweats. Got to get up, change your clothes than hunker down.

1 / 3

Explore Mamapedia

bed sweats chills colds sweating