Co-sleeper

Has anyone used the 'baby delight' snuggle nest co-sleeper?' And what are your thought on it?
I am going to use the bassinet attachment on the pack n play I bought for the first few months or so after the baby is born & then move the baby into the crib but another idea which would allow the baby to be closer to this planning on breast feeling Mom, would be the snuggle nest instead of the bassinet. This is an actual bed for the baby which lays on top of my bed instead of just having the baby in the bed. You can see a photo at (babydelight.com.) I know I don't need both the co-sleeper & the bassinet but I am trying to evaluate which one I would rather use if not both since I already own the play yard & would just buy the co-sleeper if I choose that. Thanks!

Thanks for everyone's responses. It seems about 1/2 of the responses were pro & the other were against so I went ahead & decided to buy another brand with the same concept from one of your tips I found a 'first years close & secure sleeper' in perfect condition for $25. I met the seller today & am very happy with my purchase. I will also probably buy the co-sleeper bed attachment to use in tandem or instead if I don't end up liking the other. At $25 I figure even if I only use it for travel it is a great deal. Thanks!

I used the co-sleeper in bed with us and loved it. After awhile I moved the co-sleeper into his crib and it was a perfect transition. He was in it until he couldn't fit anymore. In fact I just got it back and was going to put it on Craig's List. If you are interested it retails for $49. I'll sell it to you for $30. All parts are washable and I have extra sheets as well.

We used the nest sleeper. I liked it, however, if you have a queen size bed or smaller it is a very tight squeeze. We had a queen (and we are not large people), and it made sleeping a bit challenging. Good Luck!

I used the arm reach co-sleeper with all three of my kids.
It is a play and pack like thing that attaches to your bed. You can sleep close without the baby in bed and it is great for nursing the first few months...you dont have to get out of bed.

If it sounds too good to be true...
Unfortunately one of our local physicians has had a patient die from suffocation while using a Snuggle Nest. If mom's bed is uneven at all, the baby's bed is no longer flat and the infant can roll into the side of the bed and suffocate. Even mom and dad's normal weight alone is enough to cause the Snuggle nest to tip enough to cause the infant to roll. You are much better off buying a co-sleeper that attaches to your bed and allows your baby to be near you- without the hazzards of the bed tilting, or you rolling onto her. Make sure to use a mattress and co-sleeper that is new and approved by the Juvenille Safety Commision. Beds must be firm and flat to be the safest.

you don't need the nest thing. it takes too much room and will get in the way of your snuggling your baby!

it's popular b/c people worry about rolling over on the baby in their sleep, but this won't happen unless a person goes to bed drunk or high. the co-sleeper that attaches to the bed is good if you or your baby are restless sleepers and wake each other up. and yes, it takes up a lot of room in bed.

but you should try them all and see what works for your family.

you can always sell or give away what you don't use--that's how we got our co-sleeper, which we use half the night. we used the 'baby bumpers' for a few months off and on, mostly to elevate baby's head a bit when he got a cold. but we had the kind without the walls around it, so we could still sort of snuggle him.

We used a co-sleeper and loved it. We'll be using it again for our second (whose due date is TODAY:). Is the snuggle nest one of those little things that goes IN your bed, to protect the baby from being rolled on? I don't have experience with those, but found our baby to be snug and safe right in bed with us or else right in the co-sleeper.

I don't have experience with that particular brand, but I highly recommend a co-sleeper. It makes such a difference in the establishment of breastfeeding in the beginning, and also the amount of sleep that you, the mama, get. It's much, much easier to just reach over, get your baby, and latch him on than to get up and walk to_wherever. You can use it longer than the bassinet, too, I believe.

We used this with our son, now 2, and loved it! It was so nice to be able to feel his little chest moving up and down (something you'll do a lot in those first weeks) and to have him right there when he woke during the night. I didn't even have to get out of bed to feed him and the little light it comes with was just enough. We had not used this snuggle nest with our other children and wished it had been available! He slept there for about 6 weeks, then we moved him to a bassinet in our room. So depending on how long you want to share your bed with Baby, you may want to get both the snuggle nest and bassinet attachment for your pack n play. Hope this helps!

We loved our co-sleeper too. We did try the snuggle nest, but it didn't really work for us -- the side walls were too high and made it difficult to actually just reach over and pull baby close -- you still have to sit up and sort of lift the baby out.

the cosleeper on the other hand is right-level with the bed, so you can reach for baby without having to get up / sit up as much. it sounds like a small difference, but at 3am for the 3rd week in a row, it makes a big, big difference! :-)

1 / 3