Clutter Free Gifts for Grandparents

Silly me is already starting to think about Christmas gifts.

What fun ideas have you done for grandparents that are "clutter free"? Eexample, gift card to a place they get to take the grand kids, bracelets with grand kids names.

I need some good ideas.

Thanks

In all honesty I would nix the gift card to a place they take the kids. How about tickets to a show and dinner. A night out just for them. How about a
weekend away.

What about a plate or coffee mug that the kids decorate? Gift subscription to fruit of the month, Cheryl's cookies? Poinsetta? Stamps to pay their bills? Gas cards? Grocery store gift cards? Magazine subscriptions???

My dad doesnt do computers so we bought him an email machine. It hooks to his phone and he can type a letter and send. It recieves emails back. He loves it. It cost about $100, and we also pay his phone bill to have a house phone for it. Whats really funny is, now and then he will like one of our emails or funny stories we tell about the kids and will call and ask if we can print it out and mail it to him so he can read it over and over and share it with friends. So, yes we send him the paper copy to clutter up his house. We do a lot of restuarant, gas, grocery store gift cards for him. And always send a photo of the kids and grand kids. He lives 3 hours away so when we do go visit it is to do yard work, and buying flowers and bushes is a big hit with him. We clean his house too, and usually can sneak in a new set of towels and sheets and toss what is really really bad and it doesnt upset him. New dog leashes for his 2 little dogs are good when we see him using ropes instead. And dog toys and throw away the icky ones that are dangerous to the pups and he doesnt realize.

Digital photo frame w/preloaded pics of your kids. Or, they have mini digital photo frames for key chains.

Family membership to a museum.

Custom Stepping stones for their yard.

Gift cards to the Movies, book store, restaurant.

A Roku Box.

Take your calendar with you on Christmas day and sit down and schedule a years worth of visits.. Promise to bring food. all go to a movies, go camping.. whatever. Time is the best gift..

maybe a gift card to a dinner theater, i went to one a couple months ago (i loved it!) but i noticed that 90% were gray hairs :) it was sweet. my grandparents are in their 80's and the last few years have been starting to get rid of all their "clutter", i think they feel since they have over 60 years of junk accumulated, they'd like to downsize before we have to do it. some kind of gift card would be nice but i'm not sure about something with the kids...depending on the family, that might send the message, "hey, watch our kids for a day!", plus older people get worn out by that kind of stuff. something nice and relaxing for the two of them might be better. good luck!

weekend away.

We've done calendars with the kids' pictures, given them movie passes, and gift cards to their favorite restaurants and stores. I wouldn't give them a gc to a place they could take the grand kids. Then the present isn't really for them, it's for the grand kids.

What about a custom calendar? My family is big on these...who doesn't love to see pics of family & everyone needs a calendar!!

We also do a calender, we fill out all the important dates (birthdays, etc.). The kids decorate it all up with stickers. It's a gift you can get them every year.

1 / 3