Clothes to Donate

I have been working on cleaning out my closet the last few weeks. I know I can donate them to Goodwill or something, but I am hoping to find a women's shelter or mission that accepts clothes, many of these clothes are semi-professional in style. If anyone knows of a such a place here in Portland, please let me know.
Thanks, R.

Try Dress for Success http://www.dressforsuccess.org/affiliate.aspx?sisid=53&am...
they are a non-profit that supplies work clothes and interview clothes to women who cannot afford them.

If they are professional clothes, you can donate them to Dress for Success, which assists disadvantaged women achieve economic independance through career guideance and interview clothes.

The Portland Rescue Mission is an excellant place to take donations that are in good shape. The address is:
111 W Burnside, Portland Oregon; phone # is ###-###-####. I hope this helps!
R.

Your sweet to want to help others. I would just Google womens shelters in Portladn, that should give you the info you need.
Welcome to Portland! :-)

If you have any children's clothing, we can take it off of your hands. We are having a children's clothing closet for the families in need we work with. ____@____.com

For your clothing, I would contact your local community college. They will often have clothes closets for women who are entering the workforce and need clothing for this. I know for a fact the Clark College in Vancouver does this.

Hello R.,
My name is H., and I work for a place called The Good Neighbor Center in Tigard. It is a homeless shelter for families with children, and it is a non-proft orginazation. We would love to have your charitable items, and will even provide you with a tax reciept. The items donated go straight to the families that need them the most. Some of the families here come in with only the clothes on thier back. The address here is 11130 S.W. Greenburg rd. Tigard Or. 97223, we are located by Washington square mall. Our shelter is run mainly by donations and help from the community, so your things would be greatly appreciated.

There is an organization called Dress for Success (www.dressforsuccess.org/oregon/) whose mission is to promote the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and the career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life. This is a great organization that could really use your clothing donations. Their contact information is as follows:
Dress for Success - Oregon
1532 NE 37th Avenue
Portland, Oregon 97212
###-###-####

The Annie Ross House is a local safe house for abused women and children. They help train women to be self sufficient and help them get jobs. They appreciate different types of donations, from clothing of all sizes to household goods.
http://www.nwhouse.org/arh.php

1 / 3