Clothes for "Tom Boy"

We have started to look for back to school clothes, because the first month of school is hot and by the end of summer clothes are so warn they are not fit for school. If I wait much longer there will be nothing but winter coats in stock. My 8 yo daughter is a self claimed tom boy and is very picking in what she wears. I have taken her to the stores and we have come out with nothing. She likes to wear things that are comfortable and baggy. She finds the girl's short & jeans are too low or stiff &-the t-shirts cling, without shopping in the boys department, where and what do you find to suit a "tom boy"? I would still like her to look like a girl.

I would take her to the thrift store. You can find loads of great deals. Without spending a fortune. Sometimes even new with tags. That way in case she changes her mind about what "style" she wants it is not a fortune to go and get other styles

have you tried the more athletic girls clothing at target? I have babies, but I see them every time I walk into Target and think that the girl's athletic shorts are cute, maybe they are a style that she would wear.

My daughter is the same way (9). She has two older brothers and she like to tumble with them. I shop at Old Navy. They have a flare jean that my daughter likes. She wears them with polo shirts, vest or sometimes I can get away with a tank top and a tshirt underneath. She always wears chucks or vans. But this is where I get my girly girl. She wears alot of pinks, greens and vibrant colors, her shoes are usually pink, orange or multi color. So I get a bit of both. Kudos to you mom for going out of your way to make sure your daughter has both comfort and her own sense of style.

OLD NAVY!! I'm a tomboy myself, always have been! I love Old Navy because their jeans actually fit, there are a lot of shirts and sweaters that do not have lace and bows and frilly stuff. Plus they tend to have great sales. The clothes are also good quality. Another place that I find stuff at is Kohls and Target.

Good luck, hope you find stuff she likes!

Have you tried the Children's Place? My 9 year old daughter is a tom boy / skater girl and they have some really cute clothes that are more comfy ( think jeans, flannel shirts, tshirts) but still girly and cute. Its a nice compromise for us.

My daughter is 8 also & in my opinion "Destruction on two legs." We go to the Salvation Army, Value village, second hand stores & as little as possible Good Will. My daughter is a very conservative dresser. My daughter does wear some boys clothes like jeans no one can tell. She doesn't like low or tight clothes either.

I am very tomboy and love camoflauge t shirts. green pink or any color. I like baseball looking jerseys. and football looking jerseys. I have them in pink so I still look like agirl and feel like I am wearing boys clothes. I buy mine a size bigger than what I would wear. buy her boys shorts they are a better length and look more appropriate to me. I hate daisy dukes. if she wears at least a size 0 look for rocky jeans alittle pricey but built very tough. get them on sale the price isn't bad. and they look girley but are boyish at the same time too.

I also love western shirts and sweats are the bomb.(pants and shirts.) rocky jeans are also very stylish. get her like an oxford shirt with a tank top to wear underneath still boyish but also girlish. take her to a western store I bet you hit jackpot. girly but still boyish. good luck and if you live in a small town and can't find this stuff like I am refering to try ebay.

My 8 year old daughter is pretty tom boy also :) I agree with the skater route. You can do a pretty "girly" kind of skater without her realizing it. We got cute "becky bones" sneakers that were pink and black. She loves to wear funky clothes with peace signs. You can even sneak in the occasional skirt...with black leggings and neat patterns. I have to admit... she is the most fun of my girls to dress ;)

1 / 3