Cloth Training Pants / Pull-ups

What's your favorite cloth training pant brand? Why?

It depends on how long you want it to take, for potty training. Pull-ups don't allow the child to feel wet. Therefore, it takes WAY longer for them to realize they need to tell you. With cloth, they feel wet and react more quickly. Cloth trainers are no less easy to pull down then plastic.

Just in my honest opinion...drawing out the process, just so it's "more convenient" for you can be really confusing for them.

My first child was born in 1984 and we had to use cloth training for her and her sister. By the time my 3rd was 3, in 1993, I was ecstatic! She could pull them on and off, I didn't have to worry about accidents leaking out. I could be relaxed with her and let her train in her own time. We could live our life on the go without having to worry about running to every bathroom out there, dirty bathrooms to boot. There's plenty of time for a child's bladder to mature enough to hold it. I don't want urine leaking in the car seats. It's just entirely better.

I didn't use training pants. Went straight to underwear. At night I would put poise pads in my daughter's panties and would layer her sheets 6 layers thick with sheets and waterproof changing pads. It took her 3 days to pee pee train, 3 weeks to poop train, and 1 month to night train at 31 months.

Pull ups are just more expensive diapers. Training pants don't really allow the child to feel the action. If you do want to go this route, a friend of mine loved the Hanna Anderson ones because they were thicker and fit better for her little boy.

Cold turkey!! Nothing!!! With pull-ups they think they have a diaper on and it is okay to go in it.

Don't use pull-ups. The kids figure out that they're a glorified diaper and will treat them as such. If you want results--go for real underwear right off the bat. Yes, you may have a mess or few to clean up for a few days, but it's much cheaper with faster and better results in the long run.

I used cloth training pants (Gerber brand because that's what I found). It made accidents a little more manageable. I tried just using underwear with plastic pants once and ended up getting covered in urine as I walked up to take communion at church because my son had an accident and when I picked him up it caused the plastic pant to leak and soaked me. Very gross and embarrassing. So, we used training pants for a little while until he wasn't having accidents. I had two pair of combined training pants and plastic pants and I didn't like them as I couldn't wash or reuse one part without having to do the whole thing. I also started off using cloth diapers (which is what we used before training pants) for sleep until he was staying dry consistently to cut down on the mess. Good luck!

we use/used huggies overnights for nighttime, but cloth for daytime.

Skip straight to real underwear. They will consider all training pants 'diapers' and ok to pee in. (plan not to go very far from home for 3-4 days)

1 / 3