Cloth Training Pants

I have a 4 year old that is wet a few nights a week and I am tired of throwing away dry diapers or pullups (I tr to use them a few times 1st). Is there anything out there like cloth pull-ups? I have a mattress pad but if she wears underwear to bed and wets, it wakes her up then she wakes us up to change her bed. What has worked for you? Thanks!

After reading most of the other responses, I just would like to make one additional suggestion that I used - get at least two waterproof sheets. Layer the bedding so all you need to do at night, if the bedding gets wet, is strip one layer and you are good to go! It's a lot easier for you to get back to sleep with a shorter interruption.

Hi J.
I was just wondering if you have noticed a pattern of when she wets the bed. like drinks before bed, went to bed late, was very tried before bed, someone elses house. If you can find a pattern then you should know when to put a pull up on her. Hope this helps :) T.

Hi J..

I can sympathize! My 4-year-old is finally pulling out of this. There are some great options for cloth training pants that feel like underwear but have waterproof exteriors to protect the sheets. You'll find some good options at: http://nickisdiapers.com/catalog.php?category=16

They do make them but I can't for the life of my remember where I got mine. No, help, I know. I'm sorry. I had my children all go straight to regular underwear though. Even the cloth training pants seemed too much like their cloth diapers and they'd just wet them. When they were in their underwear, they felt the difference in thickness and stopped wetting. I washed lots of sheets and kept several sets of sheets for their bed on hand. They do get it - I promise.

J.-

I understand that Target and similar stores have a one-piece cloth panties with a more absorbent crotch, not sure what they are called. I received some as a Christmas gift, but have not tried them yet. My friend uses them. I also bought some waterproof one-piece pull-up panties from Peapods in St. Paul (they are an online store as well), which I'm sure would have been great, except my daughter has very chunky legs and therefore the leg holes in those panties are not large enough for her. I do cloth diapers, so haven't worried too much about finding this type of solution.

Hi J.

Yes the Hanna Anderson store carries these nice thick cotton training underwear, I know I've seen them in their store at the mall of America, may be you could check on-line too.

I have used the thicker underwear with the plastic pants over them. I used them at noc and it only took my son a few nocs to figure out it was uncomfortable. Good Luck

I would say let the wetness wake her up. It will help her body figure out to wake up before she wets. I have three children who still wet and this seems to help. Also have her do her own laundry(Bedding), obviously guide her and help her. But it will show the practical consequence of wetting, because sometimes, at least for me with my just turned 4 daughter, it is because she dosn't want to get out of bed during the night. This sounds all very inconvienient but in the long run it should help stop the wetting.

1 / 3