Clinique or Mary Kay for Skin Care???

I need a new line of skin care products. I have been using Dermalogica, and I like it, but it is just too expensive. I have combo/oily skin and fight with zits (even at age 30) often. Any opinions ladies?

Well, I went with the Mary Kay line. I will try it out first and see how I like it! I just ordered it, so I haven't got to use it yet. Thanks for all the opinions ladies! This was a way tougher decision for me than it should have been!

I LOVE CLinique. I've used it since I was about 11. Right now I use the repairwear series and LOVE it.

My 16 yr old uses the CLinique line as well.

I do not look my age at all... I pass for early 30's and geesh... I am 49.

THe product is great but good eating, exercise and overall healthy habits as well as genes help a lot.

My sister sold Melaleuca for years and used it on her daughters acne. It was totally awesome. I suggest you look for someone that sells it and get a facial just to compare.

Otherwise, I only use Mary Kay.

I totally disagree with Laeh-Maggie. There are no perfumes in the Mary Kay Timewise cleansers and moisturizers. I'm 100% pro Mary Kay. It's the ONLY thing I can use AND they just won the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval. Most of the cosmetics are mineral and alot of the products contain sunscreen SPF 15 or higher.

Both brands are excellent. I've used Clinique for years. When I started, I had your sort of skin, and the skin care products were very helpful. Now my skin is much drier, so I use different products but the same line. They're not cheap, but a little goes a long way! And if I can manage to hold out buying anything I need until the store has "bonus days" (Clinique's version of a sale), I get free products that I couldn't put in my budget otherwise. I haven't had to go to the store for mascara or lipstick for years, and not often for shadow.

You might want to ask for a demonstration, try the products on your own skin, and see if you like them.

I use Mary Kay, I would recommend the time wise collection, and the acne treatment gel is very popular also. Use then both, the moisturizer makes your skin feel Great!

Between the two brands, Clinique and Mary Kay, I have to say that I have been very pleasantly surprised to find that Mary Kay makes my skin feel a WHOLE lot better. I used Clinique for a long time, and it didn't seem to help the aging process at all. But I started Mary Kay two months ago, and I can tell a big difference. I especially like those tubes of anti-aging serum - wow!

Mary Kay! Used it for years and LOVE it!!! Plus, I had a friend who used Clinique for years (refused to use anything else) and I had her use mine one time and she switched to MK and now years later still uses and loves it. I also have combo/oily skin. I use the Timewise for the most part but during the hot of the summer I sometimes use the Velocity (marketed to teens so cheap!) when i get super oily and use the zit cream pretty much daily. I'm 37 so I feel your pain with the age and the zits!

i love mary kay. their timewise line is amazing!! i highly reccomend it.

I have been using MK fo 23 years! I love it and will not use anything else. No, I don't sell it. LOL I bought it for myself on my 21st birthday, and haven't looked back. I have very sensitive skin, and anything else I have ever tried has caused me serious problems. People tell me that I look years younger than I really am. They don't think I am old enough to have 6 children or be in my 40s. Part of that is genes though, I'm sure. When we were living in Japan, I did use Clinique when I couldn't get MK (I would stock up when I would go home to visit, but sometimes I ran out). I liked it okay, but it was a substitute and not a replacement.

1 / 3