Cleaning the Laminate Floors.

Hello!
I’m looking for a good cleaning agent for laminate floors.
The one I use says “no rinsing required”. But it still leaves residue, streaks and spots .
It looks like the floor is not clean despite how thoroughly I clean it. :(
Please, share your experience!
Thank you!

We have pergo laminate flooring & I use what they recommend on their website: 1 cup vinegar in 1 gallon of water. I mix it up & put it in a spray bottle. I spray it on the floor and then mop with a flat dust mop w/ a terry cloth removable cover. Works wonderful & no streaks!

We use the Steam Cleaner for our hardwood and tile/laminate floors. It works great and all we have to do is put water in it. If you want more info, I can give it to you later.

We use to use Pine Sol for our floors and that worked pretty good. We've also used the purple cleaner, can't think of the name, they have it at the Dollar Store and Wal-Mart. Hope this helps, C.

I own a professional carpet cleaning company, and all you ladies using Pin Sol on your floor's has to stop! It requires rinsing and it does leave a residue that attracks dirt and then you have to have it professionally cleaned to remove the residue. There is a cleaner at Home Depot that works great that says it's for wood/laminate floors. I can't remember the name. But any cleaner you use, read the instructions and make sure it is a no-rinse like you have been doing. Also, it could be your mop. I use a microfiber mop on my wood floors, and there is no streaking. You should be able to spray the product onto the microfiber mop. No bucket of water or excess moisture. It could eventually ruin your floors. The only floors capable of handling excess moister is tile and linoleum.

The cleaner from Home Depot is called Zep and it is wonderful. It does not need rinsing - it comes in a spray bottle and you can buy larger bottle to refill the spray bottle. You spray it on and wipe it off with a terry cloth rag or you can buy mops with terry cloth (and machine wash for next use) I have two very large dogs that love the mud and it works wonderfully on laminate floors!!!!

I strongly recommend it to anyone who will listen!

I just got myself the Hoover Hard Floor Cleaner, it was about $140.00 at Wal-Mart, or even Sears. It is the best thing ever it works great and leave the floors sparkling, no mater what type of floors you use it on, I have went to all of my family members houses to use it to show them how great it is and how easy to use it is, and now they all have one!!!

We use a spray called Bona (so far I've only found it at Elliot's Hardware - there's one in Plano off of Coit and Park), and we use a microfiber mop to clean it up. I haven't noticed any streaking.

I use Melamagic to clean the floors - it works great and it's safe for my kids and puppy...no toxins/chemicals!!

1 / 3