Cleaning Shoes That Light Up

I watch a little boy who today stepped in a pile of dog "poo". I've cleaning most of it off but I'd like to throw the shoes in the washer. They are the kind of shoes that blink when steps are taken. Will washing them in the washer ruin them and make them quit lighting up??

Thanks for the responses! i went ahead and threw caution to the wind and put them in the washer. They still blink and the inside still looks fine too. Thanks for all of the advice!! I love having a place to come with my silly little questions!

I have these shoes with my son I toss them in the waher and they are fine they are clean and good as new I just let them air dry.The lights still work afterwards even when he has outgrown them

If you have some chlorox wipes, or ones like it, I would just wipe them down really well with those. My daughter had several pairs of shoes like that, but I never put them in the washer.

Yes they will stop lighting up if they get wet. Our three year daughter has a pair that she got wet this past summer and one quit working completely, the other one blinks only if she jumps really hard with them on.

My son has several pairs, and all of them have been washed as well.. we have never had any problems with the lights.. :)

I wouldn'ty take a chance.......just take a old toothbrush and wash with good soap and water or disenfectant
KayD

I've had tons of these kind for the kids. I only remember one or two shoes(not pairs just shoe) quitting and that was after many,many washes.

I actually washed my sons light up shoes yesterday because of a little potty accident and they still work just fine and look great. He had lights in both of the velcro straps and in the bottom of the shoe on the heel. I had no problems with the inside of the shoe but I do have a front loading washer and I don't know if that makes a difference or not. Good Luck!

To all of you who ever tried to clean a shoe.....
go try the Magic Eraser by Mr. Clean, it totally awsome- really works, all my daughters shoes are spotless, so I saved them all (just in case ;) )

1 / 3