Cleaning Pen Marks off Leather

I feel like this is a long shot, but maybe someone can help...

A little boy at church yesterday scribbled with pen on the cover of my husband's leather-bound bible. Does anyone know how I can get the marks off?
Thanks for any help!

haven't tried it yet but it seems to get everything else clean including leather shoes!?!? But you might want to try the magic eraser, i swear by it it even takes crayon off the wall!

Be careful what you use, maybe try something first on an inconspicuous place, if there is one, because a bleached-out spot on the leather will look worse than a pen mark.

I've learned to let things have a little "patina" sometimes -- the visible signs of life and use on an object can make it look more interesting.

Is it ball-point pen? If so, I would also suggest hair spray. But I'm also concerned about what the hairspray may do to the leather.

The mildest thing you can try is baby oil or vaseline on a Q-tip - trace over the ink lines with light pressure and swap to a clean Q-tip when the ink starts to soak into the cotton.
DO NOT USE HAIRSPRAY, 409 cleaner, or bleach!
You can also try rubbing alcohol - BUT it may take some of the color out of the leather - so test it in a hidden spot first. ( use the q-tip or cotton ball technique)
You'll have better luck if it was a ball point pen and not a marker.
I sold leather sofas for 10+ years and had to remove a lot of crazy stains from the floor models ;)

Suggestion call the bible store. Ask them. I'm sure they have been asked that question.

Ouch...I think I would call a leather shop, see what they recommend.

I have used baby wipes to clean our leather couch. The trick is to get to the ink as soon as possible. Good luck!

No problem!!! The company I represent makes a product that literally wipes away permanent markers as if it were watercolors. I personally have removed Sharpie marker from linoleum, hardwood floor, and other surfaces. I don't see why it wouldn't work on leather. Contact me and I can share more about this and the other environmentally friendly products I represent for this company.

1 / 3