Cleaning Mildew off of Stroller

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to clean lots of gross mildew off of a stroller that has been sitting in the basement during all of this wet/humid weather? I'd like to clean it up & give it to my brother, but it's full of mildew. I have no idea how to clean it.

Bleach kills mold so I would try mixing bleach and water and using that.

Lysol makes a wonderful spray Mold and Mildew remover. It works on most everything. Bleach works well but can cause faded areas. However my mom taught me long ago, that wetting with lemon juice and placing in the sun works great. Be sure to test to see if it is colorfast first, when using any method (just apply it on a hidden area of color and watch for fading). Good luck!

Mildew can give a baby some proplems that your brother might not know about is it really worth it? Clean or not mildew can resurface and that might not be good. I suggest getting a new stroller that is mildew free and tossing the old out. The health of his child is worth that.
Mold can trigger an allergic reaction and asthma in sensitized individuals (repeated exposure to mold or mold spores sometimes causes previously non-sensitive individuals to become sensitized). About 15 million Americans are allergic to mold. The most common reactions are flu-like symptoms and asthma. Those with chronic lung or immune problems, are at risk for more serious reactions like fever, lung infections and a pneumonia-like illness.
People with weak immune systems (i.e., immune-compromised or immune-suppressed individuals) are more vulnerable to infections by molds (as well as more vulnerable than healthy persons to mold toxins). Aspergillus fumigatus, for example, has been known to cause aspergillosis in the lungs of immune-compromised individuals. These individuals inhale the mold spores which then start growing in their lungs. Trichoderma has also been known to infect immune-compromised children.

Hi C.!
Try 3 parts water to 1 part bleach in a spray bottle, it works
great!!!

1 / 3