Cleaning Ink off Leather Car Seats

One of my kids wrote on our car's leather seats with an ink pen. I have tried rubbing alcohol, hairspray, wd40, Mr. Clean Eraser and leather cleaner with no luck. Does anyone know of anything else out there that will get the ink out or at least lighten the stain so it's not as noticeable? Thanks!

Thanks for all the advice! With Thanksgiving and sick kids I haven't had a chance to try any suggestions out just yet, but will keep you posted!

A bit of carpet cleaner...the kind that goes in the carpet cleaning machines. Full concentrate, rub and rinse. Works every time.

Family Success Coach

I've used tea tree oil and Goo Gone with great success

You can try Basic-H, Scour Off, or Nature Bright from Shaklee. They have done amazing things in my home that other cleaners couldn't. And they're safe! You can check them out at www.greennutrition.info. Good luck!

Try peanut butter. I think the oil in natural peanut butter is what will do the trick.

Hey K.,
I agree with the other two ladies! try the sol u mel i use this on everything including my carpet cleaning! it took crayon out of my carpet! i could let you use mine! Melaleuca does have great products!!
good luck

I use Melaleuca products (avail. only thru Direct Sales) the products are amazing - especially the Sol-U-Mel. It's taken care of something similar for me.

My daughter wrote with ink pen on the inside of the car doors. I tried everything too, but it just eventually went away on its own. It took about a month. I don't know if the leather absorbed it or what. I did take away her pen though. : )

I used soft scrub with bleach on our leather chair and it worked. Good luck!

Hi K., I have White leather seats with a 5 year old so I deal with the alot lol. I found that nail polish remover worked great for me.

1 / 3