Cleaning Blinds

Does anyone have a good way to clean mini blinds? Mine are really dirty and I'm looking for away to clean them other than wiping each slat separately. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I am going to try just taking a specially designed duster to it first and than if that doesn't work I'll wash them in the tub. Again thank you.

When I used to have mini blinds--I put them in the tub with a little dish washing soap and warm water. You do have to wipe every slat, but you can lay them out flat in the tub to make it easier.

Put them in the bath tub with dawn detergent, use a long brush,rinse, lean them on side to drain and dry.

The best way to clean them is to take them down. Either put them in the bath tub or take them outside, then spray them with scrubbing bubbles and let them set for a minute or two. Rinse them off and they will be good as new! Good luck!

I usually take them and put them in the shower... lay them out flat in the bottom of the tub and use softscrub on them. I hang them up on them clothesline outside on a nice day for a while and let the sun dry them.

I use a swiffer duster. You can do several slats at a time, and it does a nice job.

If they are metal, you would not want to put them in the tub as many have suggested.

GL:)

Hi C., The blinds with pop off up at the top. On both sides there are brackets, just take them down and soak them in the tub with laundry detergent, then shower them down. Good luck.

In the spring I take my (horizontal plastic) blinds out side and spray them with the hose on the light almost misty setting on the sprayer then hang them to dry and they look brand new.

I put them in a tub w/ hot soapy water and run a wash cloth over them or dunk them a few times!

i take mine down and put them in the bath tub with soap or whatever cleaner you want. I let them soak for awhile and then plunge them up and down, rinse and hang!!

Warm soapy (I use dishwashing liquid) in the bathtub. Works wonderfully.

1 / 3